Le Diamant reopens

andynap

Senior Insider
1E4833EB-15EF-482F-BA27-AAEAF59E1E6F.jpeg

. . . probably not a place for the average island visitor, unless you’re willing to hang with locals, eat their very good fare (including great pizza & Creole specialties), & find pleasure in an ambiance that is distinctly without “foo foo.”

. . . probably not a place for the average island visitor, unless you’re willing to hang with locals, eat their very good fare (including great pizza & Creole specialties), & find pleasure in an ambiance that is distinctly without “foo foo.”
Dennis; I don't think you are giving Le Diamant enough credit. It has some of the Hideaway vibe. We always enjoyed it and hope to again in April.

I like Le Diamant, Kent . . . am a big fan of it. However, when one reads the plans of most people who share them with us, their desires & expectations are, it seems to me, for surroundings & food that are far more glamorous & splashy than Le Diamant offers. Thus, not a place for the average visitor who posts here.

With respect to “Hideaway vibe,” I bet there’d be a bigger American presence at Le Diamant if the restaurant played “Sweet Caroline” every hour or so! (Speaking of which, did you know that the restaurant has a complete & quite elaborate disco in its basement? It’s very cool . . . available, I believe, for private parties.)

I haven’t been there in awhile and I don’t remember it because it’s off the radar and out of sight. I will have lunch there next time.

I maybe different from most vacationers to St.Barts. The most inside we want to be while eating is a farside table at Santa Fe or L'Ardiose depending on what type of food we are eating that night. Living on Cape Cod we eat inside, except for 3 or 4 months each year. Loved the Wall House but there were times it was very warm on an inside table. Same with Eddies.

Take the road across from Eden Rock, and turn right at the first intersection, following the road around the pond. Le Diamant will be on your left.

Popular Locals lunch spot. The last time I passed by there was a sign...St Barth Country Club. I still don’t Know what that meant.