RIP Ginger Baker

phil62

Senior Insider
Former drummer for Cream and Blind Faith, Ginger Baker, has passed. He was 80 years old, and was considered one of the best rock drummers of all time.
Baker was one of the founders of Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce. A few years after Cream folded, he, along with Clapton and Steve Winwood founded Blind Faith, another short lived but very influential band.

He will be missed.

Phil

Former drummer for Cream and Blind Faith, Ginger Baker, has passed. He was 80 years old, and was considered one of the best rock drummers of all time.
Baker was one of the founders of Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce. A few years after Cream folded, he, along with Clapton and Steve Winwood founded Blind Faith, another short lived but very influential band.

He will be missed.

Phil

Hi Phil; Just finished an interesting article in the WSJ about Ginger Baker and other drummers of that era.

I remember the days of "Wasted and can't find my way Home". sometimes literally and other times musically. May Ginger RIP!

A giant has left us.

Like some skilled, "traditional" drummers, he's doing the left hand with, what I call, the Shushi grip.