Thread: Reasons

SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 692

Reasons

I have a fairly active life for a 69 year old somewhat retired guy. Spending time with my lovely wife. Trying to wear out my 3 yr.old Golden mix dog by walking him an average of 9 miles a day. Working 20 hours a week with my brother-in law. Mowing my lawn and maintaining my property and swimming pool ( finally put to bed until May sometime ). Meeting my sons for breakfast a couple of times a week. So and so on. sbhonline is my time to chill out and dream about the next vacation. Thanks for putting up with my many posts.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,520

Re: Reasons

Keep on keeping on..I enjoy reading your posts and opinions. Just sayin’

Readers do not have to read every post...we can skip and pick and choose as we go along. To each his own.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,423

You’ve got a nice life, Hawke! And, I enjoy your contributions to our Forum, also. Like you, we are always dreaming of St. Barth...it’s our happy place. Post away, if you enjoy it, with no apologies!

Gayle

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2002 pittsburgh Posts: 270

Hi Hawke,
    I am 75 and with three grandchildren born within one year. I am considering fleeing the country, so my wife and I do not have to attend to their kids. Do you have any suggestions as to flee areas? We have considered an efficiency in Nome.
    Suggestions are appreciated.
    BTW: I am the guy that said it is French law that children are not permitted on St Barts.
    George

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,675

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Hi Hawke,
    I am 75 and with three grandchildren born within one year. I am considering fleeing the country, so my wife and I do not have to attend to their kids. Do you have any suggestions as to flee areas? We have considered an efficiency in Nome.
    Suggestions are appreciated.
    BTW: I am the guy that said it is French law that children are not permitted on St Barts.
    George
    Hey George- I donít blame you for wanting to leave Pittsburgh.

Andy

Years ago we told our youngest son that children were not allowed on St Martin! So funny.

Our story came to an end when a bunkmate at sleepaway camp told him that he had in fact stayed there.

Oh well, good try. He was about 15 when he finally got to visit with us there.

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 102

i agree with everyone,i like your posts and look forward to them. an active life is great, we all need some dreamtime though and what better place is there to dream about!!

Hi Andy,
    We love Pittsburgh. It is a great town and getting better. You should visit and we would be happy to host you.
    We have room in the inn and spare cars.I got rid of my boat for physical reasons, but I can get you on water skis in a second.

Now about your mayor.............never mind we have one also.

George

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Hi Andy,
    We love Pittsburgh. It is a great town and getting better. You should visit and we would be happy to host you.
    We have room in the inn and spare cars.I got rid of my boat for physical reasons, but I can get you on water skis in a second.

Now about your mayor.............never mind we have one also.

George
    Haha. I was there several times for depositions in a med mal case. Loved the tram.

Andy

Hi Andy,
    So come again. We would love to host you, despite your barking at me about Pittsburgh. We think you would be amazed how this city has turned itself around despite its incompetent government. Silicon Valley is so expensive they could not hire from CMU and PITT they needed a lower cost place for new hires. ERGO Pittsburgh.
    So come and visit. We will host.
    George & Jody

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 8,198

We have been to Pittsburgh on several occasions and loved it. The only complaint is the terrible towels as we live in Indianapolis (Colts!)

Having lived in Pittsburgh and now living near Philadelphia I'll take Pittsburgh any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    Hey George- I don’t blame you for wanting to leave Pittsburgh.

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,808

Incline is awesome.
    I was born in Johnstown, not too far away. Pittsburgh is making a great researgence. Going to Philly tomorrow, Laura is auditiioning for a Company position. Fingers crossed.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,423

Best of luck to Laura, Bob! Fingers crossed for her. Let us know how she makes out!!

Gayle

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 840

Quote Originally Posted by dadto6 View Post
    Incline is awesome.
    I was born in Johnstown, not too far away. Pittsburgh is making a great researgence. Going to Philly tomorrow, Laura is auditiioning for a Company position. Fingers crossed.
    Did you know the Bock family by any chance ? related to our next door neighbors when we lived in Wayne, PA ?

Good luck, Laura...

Hi Nancy, Did not know the Bock's.

Our Granddaughter is in her second year at Duquesne University and loves the city.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,305

Very happy to have you posting, Hawke! Fresh points of view are much appreciated, and you do a great job of engaging others in discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by dadto6 View Post
    Incline is awesome.
    Good luck Laura.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 8,198

Both cities Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have their charms!

SBH Member Joined: Jul 2018 Posts: 15

I grew up near Pittsburgh, in the Greensburg area. Pittsburgh hosts an annual Arts Festival in June that is wonderful. I visited family this year while attending the festival. It is also a great college town; Pitt, CMU, Duquesne and others are located there. Our daughter graduated from Duquesne a few years ago. The city also has the cultural district with several theaters. We recently spent a few days there and saw The Lion King (play) at The Benedum Theatre.

I'm proud to be from Pennsylvania. A great percentage of the people from that state are incredibly awesome, in my humble opinion.

Talk about unintended consequences, my post about Pittsburgh certainly qualifies- Lol

Sorry to jump the shark, Kent.

Andy

Talk about unintended consequences, my post about Pittsburgh certainly qualifies- Lol

Sorry to jump the shark, Kent.
    There are surprises in life every day.

BTW- I donít dislike Pittsburgh at all - one of my favorite persons lives there - Marybeth- but I do like to get Georgeís goat.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,343

BTW- I don’t dislike Pittsburgh at all - one of my favorite persons lives there - Marybeth- but I do like to get George’s goat.
    Awww, gee....<blushing> Thanks Andy. I agree with George, we would love to have you visit. And hoping to get over to PHL soon, too.

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2015 Mars,Pa Posts: 130

love Pittsburgh(I live north of the city in Treesdale which is in Mars school district-and yes I said Mars!1-LOL)-I have called it home for 58 years!!

AHHHHH, The truth comes out!!!! Malicious, maligning and nefarious. I have been rebuked by a Philadelphia sports fan that hates loosing to the Steelers.