Johnny Hallyday gets a vault

andynap

Senior Insider
A2344FA6-0F2A-4E39-8E78-5FF1F3337FB1.jpeg
5169EF71-3563-4299-85FE-9DB33A247380.jpeg

Will it be an above ground crypt or a 'cellar' as we know it as the English word? I am not clear on this.

And by vault..is that like sealed? How, is that constructed?

I am of the people that go with plain pine boxes, so I am trying to learn differences in burials, caskets, and tombs.

I have to wonder if this is related to the columbarium that was being built at the cemetery in Public
when we were there in June. IMG_3623.jpg

I had been thinking those were for storage of cremated remains. Is that a possibility?

That little building near Maya's in Public used to be the island's only morgue, and held only one body.. wakes were in the street in front of it. Now that there is a modern, three-body morgue in St Jean this has become a place for urns with ashes as mentioned above... I don't think it has anything to do with the Johnny Hallyday controversy...

is that like brouhaha?

Non. A few translations of branleur can be found here... Le Président was quoted in Le Journal directing the term at critics of actions surrounding the transfer of the two graves that will make room for the vault.

A major flare up over nothing big...sounds about right.

The gravity can be debated... someone who knew a bit about a tempest too big for a teapot and making much ado about nothing had this written on his grave:

Good friend for Jesus sake forbeare, To dig the dust enclosed here. Blessed be the man that spares these stones, And cursed be he that moves my bones...

did not work that well for him though
... perhaps bringing one's thoughts to a famous scene - performed here by, if memory serves, a pre-Phil crush...