What's open/happening week of October 14

Melvin

My wife and I are so very excited to be coming October 14. Only small issue is what will be open? Thoughts appreciated.

We decided to stay at Jeff & Caroline's Villa Flamands Blue and have tickets and car reserved. We got even more pumped to get our packet in the mail today with map, booklet and tips. Jeff recommends his "must do's" of beaches and hikes but we may just spend most of our trip relaxing on the terrace and taking in St Barth.
:up::D

Resto wise, I presume that is your query, Santa Fe, Zion and QG come to mind right away. I think near you Bananiers will be open..great pizza and a darn good chef with super menu that changes regularly and offers daily specials.

Welcome to the forum. As places open, they usually get posted here pretty quickly.
Corrected to. Read BANANIERS

Welcome.

Amy is referring to Les Bananiers, the restaurant next to the Petite Colombe bakery in Colombier, which is maybe a 2-minute drive from your villa.

La Petite Colombe should be on your list for morning pastry/bread/croissants. While there, pick up a printed copy of Le News to see what's going on that day or in the next few. Some basic French will help. (Also available on FB, Le News St Barth) Beware of the school traffic in the morning, as there is a school diagonally across the street.

Les Bananiers, as Amy suggests, should be on your list. They will be open for lunch and dinner during your visit. They have excellent thin crust pizza, and I can't resist their duck eggrolls, Nems de Canard. If you like chocolate, save room for their Craquant aux 3 Chocolates. It's so good that you may want to consider stopping at Les Bananiers on your way home from dinner at another restaurant for the Craquant and Deux Coupes - two glasses of Champagne.

Zion is new, and is getting good reviews. They reopen October 1.
Santa Fe has reopened, and is a favorite of many.
Tamarin should reopen before your visit. If you want a romantic evening, go to Tamarin.
L'Esprit Jean Claude Dufour should be open for dinner. Many, including me, say that he is the best chef on the island.
QG, Quartier Général should be open for both lunch and dinner.
Le Repaire should be open all day.

I'll try to make a point of posting restaurant reopenings as I see them.

And L’Isola just posted they reopen October 15.
To paraphrase my friend Kevin, many, including me, say it is the best restaurant on the island.

Welcome to the Forum and wishing you a splended time in Paradise. Do not forget La Lagouste which is a short drive from your villa. Their lobster dishes are devine.

Baz Bar reopens on October 14.
Lil' Rock Beach reopens on October 15.
Burger Palace reopens on October 1.
Sayolita reopens September 18.

Wow, that is marvelous! Thank you all for your great replies!
Indeed, Jeff did mention that we should go to Les Bananiers upon arrival. That seems to be a must now :).
His list did cover a few restaurants you all mention, such as Little Rock, Tamarin. Good to know they will be open while we're there.

Does anyone know of any spas that will be open?

Thank you all! You're tips are really appreciated!

Jeff has you in good hands. I believe Isle De France, just down the road towards Flamands from Roc Flamand, still has a spa & beach lounging. For a hike and great swim go thru Flamands (also a fine beach) and hike up through some great scenery to Colombier and enjoy the beach (pack water & all munchies/liquids that make you happy). Don't stay after dark - the paths can be tricky. Restos come & go, but those mentioned should give you many great tastes. Enjoy.

Note..Cheval Blanc has announced December for opening.

The Christopher has a spa. perhaps Manapany too. Do not know if they will be open.

The spa at the Hotel Christopher looks like your best bet for a hotel spa, but they don't reopen until almost the end of your stay. www.hotelchristopher.com

Here's what I have for a best guess at reopening dates for hotels:
Le Barthelemy – Reopens October 28
Barriere Le Carl Gustav – December opening?
Cheval Blanc IDF – Reopens in December
Le Christopher – Reopens October 19
Eden Rock – Reopens November 20
Le Manapany – Reopens November 4
Pearl Beach – Open, Massage Cabin
Le Sereno – Reopens October 24

I have no idea exactly what services the Massage Cabin at Pearl Beach offers other than the obvious massages.

Something to consider in lieu of a spa treatment is an in-villa massage. My go-to person is Veronique, others speak equally well of Cleo. There are others. I can provide contact information for Veronique and Cleo if that's something which is of interest.