Favorite Villa Breakfast on St. Barts

Hawke

Senior Insider
This is ours and we repeat it nearly every day. We buy pamplemousse and Bonne Maman preserves; usually raspberry and orange at the grocery the day we arrive. The next morning I go to the bakery and buy two baguettes and 2 or 4 almond croissants depending if we are traveling with another couple. Denise has coffee ready when I return and we enjoy a perfect breakfast in paradise, of course sitting outside.

We do the same--I do the coffee and Phil does the bakery run. It works!

When we were getting pastries and bread at Choisy in Gustavia, I rode shotgun while Phil circled I would dash in for our goodies of the day. That worked too.

Reminds me, why do you always have to ask for butter at restaurants. Do the French not like butter? We always have to add "please bring lots of butter" LOL

I love a bowl of cereal with milk and bananas. I remember the first time I shopped in St. Barths for milk I couldn’t find any in the cooler. With my limited French someone led me to the back where the milk was stacked on shelves not cooled. Weird however the best milk I have ever had. One year Mario brought us bananas from his personal tree in his backyard. Why are the bananas better in St. Barths? Also yoplait yogurt is better in the Island that in the states. Made differently.

Another leftover from breakfast. If we are going to the beach and eating lunch there, the leftover baguette is perfect filled with chicken or tuna salad. Or peanut butter and Bonne Maman. Also we always freeze two large bottles of water to keep everything cold and to drink as they thaw. Maybe two cold beers also. :up:

well...a little different...at least one day for breakfast we will have escargot, a baguette, some cheese and a little bubbly.....then a nap!

Ellen I love the radishes from the Marche' U, the elongated type hard to find in USA, with the French butter & a little sea salt !

This is ours and we repeat it nearly every day. We buy pamplemousse and Bonne Maman preserves; usually raspberry and orange at the grocery the day we arrive. The next morning I go to the bakery and buy two baguettes and 2 or 4 almond croissants depending if we are traveling with another couple. Denise has coffee ready when I return and we enjoy a perfect breakfast in paradise, of course sitting outside.

Divine!

Our usual breakfast is simple - Cheesy Scrambled Eggs, perhaps some Bacon, Croissants, Mimosas, and a million-dollar view.

Every now and again, when MikeR is in town, he cooks. Walnut-Raisin Bread French Toast. Rhum Vanille added to the Pain Perdu (French Toast) batter. Melted French Butter added to the Real Maple Syrup (which Marché U carries). Yeah, he can cook breakfast for us any day we wants, LOL. And there are always Mimosas. Always.

He does excellent Frittatas too, LOL.

My wife and mine is the same every day--I make the coffee and then I go to La Boulangerie Choisy and pick up chocolate croissants/raisin danish and I bring her a surprise treat each morning!!