This Tender Land- William Kent Krueger

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
If you enjoy Greg Iles and Jeffrey Archer you will like this story of orphan children escaping their awful home and paddling down a long series of rivers. They meet all kinds of unusual people and have numerous interesting adventures. It reads too quickly.

I am noting this suggestion as you have named two of my favorite authors in your post.

krueger has become one of my all time favorites.his cork occonnor series is great and once you start one you just dont want to put it down. the greg iles and archer comparison is spot on. i think it is a tribute to his talent that with the occonnor series he has been able to write 17 books with the same character in each and each one is better than thye last!! from someone who reads 100 books a year for entertainment this is a winner!!

Nice to see...what is the title of his first book to start on this O'Connor bandwagon?

I think we should start a st barts book club and meet when we are there, for lunch,wine ,and book suggestions etc. we are there the first 2 weeks in November each year and ,for us it would be fun to meet our fellow readers in st barts. lets pick a day that works for us all and set up lunch.i'll buy the wine!!

How kind of you. Any excuse for friends and fellow readers to gather sounds like fun. How about after the Select fete?