L’Esprit is Open in September

KevinS

Senior Insider
€60 prix fixe dinner menu, open Tuesday through Saturday.

From FB:

F31F7BFD-7C12-4DD6-83ED-964D46D2EA91.jpeg

Sure. Low season, mostly locals, 3-course limited menu. This is maybe the 3rd time that he’s had a similar offer.

I think that L'Esprit may have pioneered the price fixe summer special . . . they've done it for several years. I've been twice in the last week -- lovely, especially because one night initiated the beginning of my "birthday month" celebration (with a chocolate mousse cake!). The restaurant was filled each night . . . almost entirely "locals," with a few French tourists. I think that we were the only Americans there.

There's a new waiter -- "Simon" -- who will be known to some folks from his work at Black Ginger.

Other than L'Esprit, Maya's -- in addition to its a la carte menu -- had a price fixe dinner up 'til closing night . . . don't know any others at this time who are offering it.

It makes good business sense and is a boon to those who remain on island off season.

I'm not sure how frequently the term "prix fixe" is used in French in the context of restaurants, but I imagine it's correct in this instance since L'Esprit is offering, at this time, the single dining option of a 60 euro menu.