Good 'Ol American Airlines!

I just checked Winair and they have several flights that day that gets you to SXM when you need to be there. Price is $124 p/p, which is not much more that SBC. Worst case, you might have to eat your SBC tickets, but you get home the same day.

Phil

Yeah, I'm on WA's website now. Doable but gotta check with the boss and see what see prefers. I should tell her we can get home in 1 day but we have to stay an extra day and come home Sunday...:angel1:

Got a Flight Schedule change email this morning. I guess I should be happy that I was notified.

AA eliminated the 5:00 AM AUS-CLT flight on 11-27.

Changed my AUS-CLT-SXM outbound flight to AUS-MIA-SXM. My original schedule had me in SXM by 2:30 to catch the 4:00 St Barths Commuter.

The new schedule arrives in SXM at 4:30. No Bueno!

Thankfully, I booked with AMEX on points. So a call to AMEX and I was able to change to a less than ideal but workable solution.

11-26: AUS-CLT

Overnight at the CLT Sheraton on points.

11-27: CLT-SXM arriving at 2:30.

The upside is I won't have to wake up at 3:00 AM to start my vaca!

Check your flights, people!

Dennis, exactly what I post about American Airlines, exactly so once again, check your flights & I would do weekly. Dennis did you get this info in your AA profile ? I was in mine & noticed that we had yet another sked change on our flights in Dec, SAV CLT SJU still ok with a few minutes change, but the return STT CLT SAV became STT MIA aka UGH SAV...so between Aug 26 when had AA make changes to our outbound date to SJU, & 9/3 the sked change. NOT happy about MIA which as we all know is miserable, but the option was STT DFW SAV which would have added 3+ hrs to that actual flight time. Something must be going on at CLT to have these changes happening ?

Something must be going on at CLT to have these changes happening ?

Since Irma, we’ve had flights to SXM from Philly and Charlotte changed to Miami. I’m assuming the traffic going there doesn’t justify multiple flights for now. If they’re going to do that for the foreseeable future, it would be nice if they’d schedule the MIA plane to leave a little earlier.

Miami should be your last resort. Check with those who have gone thru there.

The perspective is interesting, Andy. Personally, in transit to / from JAX, I much prefer MIA to CLT with AA Layovers at CLT are so much longer! (There’s only so much guacamole that one can take at the Admirals Club as a 3 - 4 hour wait is endured, even if MIA distances are extraordinary.)

Yes, the 737 Max issues have created schedule changes for my family for Christmas travel out west.....American accommodated us on other flights with no problem

Cancellations extended through Dec. 3
American Airlines remains confident that impending software updates to the Boeing 737 MAX, along with the new training elements Boeing is developing in coordination with our union partners, will lead to recertification of the aircraft this year. We are in continuous contact with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Transportation (DOT), National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and other regulatory authorities.
American is extending cancellations for the MAX through Dec. 3. By doing so, our customers and team members can more reliably plan their upcoming travel on American. In total, approximately 140 flights per day will be canceled through Dec. 3.
Our Reservations and Sales teams will continue to work closely with customers who are impacted by these cancellations.

nancy,

We booked the flights using AMEX points so AMEX notified us.
Dennis,
No AA profile about you that you can go to to check up on 'tings ? I didn't get a personal email or text, but saw in my AA profile that 'you've had changes, here's what they are' king of message in red print no less ! Nancy

Dennis,
No AA profile about you that you can go to to check up on 'tings ? I didn't get a personal email or text, but saw in my AA profile that 'you've had changes, here's what they are' king of message in red print no less ! Nancy

Actually, On AA.com there is a message that something has changed but it still shows my return flight thru CLT and home in 1 day.

So we've completly cancelled the flights that American changed us to that would require an overnight each way.

We now will fly to SXM on 11-26 and over night there since we can't get there utill 4:30.

We'll head over to Grand Case and stay at the GCBC for the night and have a nice dinner there where we will feel like we are on vacation time as opposed to staying at the Charlotte Sheraton.

We'll fly from Grand Case the next morning and arrive around 10 AM, have a nice lunch and head to the villa whenever it's ready.

On return, instead of flying AA thru MIA and overnighting, we'll fly Delta thru ATL and get home at midnight. Long, late day but I'd rather plop into MY bed and wake up in ATX than stay at the MIA airport hotel and fly home the following day.

AMEX and AA were very helpful with allowing me to cancel and I recouped all my AMEX points back, credited immediatly and rebooked using them.

Waiting to hear back from SBC on changing my flight.

It's just insane that when it come to SBH, you can't get there from here...in 1 day!

It's just insane that when it come to SBH, you can't get there from here...in 1 day!

We're about 150 miles closer than you, but the SXM route is still tight (1am wakeup for a 3am drive to the airport, etc...). Thought we found our solution this year. Although expensive, United 10am direct flight from IAH, landing in SJU at 3:45pm and then the 5pm Tradewind. Sun setting, but still arrived.

Next year, the last Tradewind flight is now 4:30pm (45min connection time. Ugh!) so it looks like we either take the red-eye arriving at 5:15am and then the early Tradewind flight or overnight in either SJU, CLT, ATL or SXM.

Simple email to SBC and flight changed.

Now after all that, I'm sure AA or Delta won't change flights again...RIGHT? :laughing-cry:

One can only hope.

Dennis, all agree that air travel is not what it used to be. Totally unreliable. Buyer, beware!