Last Full Day

Hawke

Senior Insider
No matter the length of your stay on St. Barts; what do you usually do on that last full day?

Besides being sad about leaving the next day, we head to Gouvenor to enjoy the beach in the morning after enjoying pastries at the villa from Choisy. After soaking up some sun and surf, we head back to the villa to clean up, then stop at Le Select for a ti punch and people watching before lunch somewhere in Gustavia... usually Le Repaire. After lunch, do a little rhum shopping at M’bolo so we don’t go through withdrawals when we get home...LOL!! Then we enjoy to rest of the afternoon back at the villa pool enjoying our favorite perch in Lurin. Last night dinner is alway Maya’s.... and usually our first night too. As Amy always says “ahhhh, St. Barth”!!

Besides being sad about leaving the next day, we head to Gouvenor to enjoy the beach in the morning after enjoying pastries at the villa from Choisy. After soaking up some sun and surf, we head back to the villa to clean up, then stop at Le Select for a ti punch and people watching before lunch somewhere in Gustavia... usually Le Repaire. After lunch, do a little rhum shopping at M’bolo so we don’t go through withdrawals when we get home...LOL!! Then we enjoy to rest of the afternoon back at the villa pool enjoying our favorite perch in Lurin. Last night dinner is alway Maya’s.... and usually our first night too. As Amy always says “ahhhh, St. Barth”!!
Saved me the typing. Our only difference is the villa location.

Last night dinner for us is with the master J.C.
Foie Gras is scrumptious! Ahhhh St. Barts. Counting down the days until returning to paradise.

Somehow, we've developed the habit of a visit to Grand Fond on our last full day. We love the rugged beauty, the winds and the surf. A bottle of Rose comes along for the ride.

IMG_1266.jpgIMG_1307.jpgIMG_4188.jpg

A treasure chest of sea glass and shells. Two years ago we found a perfect conch shell. Confiscated going thru customs. Didn't know, otherwise it would have been in our checked bag. Denise has a mirror in the guest bathroom framed by St.Barts beach glass. Wish I knew how to add pictures, I must admit I'm a dinosaur.

We typically spend as much time possible on the last day at the beach. Usually Gouverneur or Saline, ALL DAY. Then a nice dinner and packing up to head home.

As noted above, Dennis . . . great shots at Grand Fond! You may find it fun, as I do now, to know that a "deviation" in Lorient requires that traffic headed to the East of Lorient must travel via Grand Fond. Being at Marigot, I'm -- as a result -- passing through Grand Fond multiple times a day & cannot do so without stopping about where your photos were taken. Related to Dorian, I expect, the sea at Grand Fond is very rough right now . . . quite high waves with some daring young surfers riding them. All quite breathtaking.

It reminds me of our coasts in Northern New England. Watching the changes in attitude of Mother Nature at work is fascinating.

Our last full day is spent at our villa packing and dancing in the pool listening to great music and depleting our rose/tequila supply
Then we head to Select for one last drink and then to Eddy’s for one last meal and then to Baz Bar for one last night cap
Always...

Our last full day is spent at our villa packing and dancing in the pool listening to great music and depleting our rose/tequila supply
Then we head to Select for one last drink and then to Eddy’s for one last meal and then to Baz Bar for one last night cap
Always...
Sounds very nice!