Flight help!

Carfell36

SBH Member
Hello!

My fiancé and I will be traveling to St. Barts for our honeymoon the morning after our wedding (6/7). We can get on a 9am flight and get to SXM at 3:15pm. It’s looking like the latest flight to SBH is 5pm on Winair. Do you think this is enough time with checked luggage? We could play it safe and take the 7am and get in at 1:45pm, but that’s awfully early the morning after your wedding :eek: any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated!! We can’t wait!

Hello!

My fiancé and I will be traveling to St. Barts for our honeymoon the morning after our wedding (6/7). We can get on a 9am flight and get to SXM at 3:15pm. It’s looking like the latest flight to SBH is 5pm on Winair. Do you think this is enough time with checked luggage? We could play it safe and take the 7am and get in at 1:45pm, but that’s awfully early the morning after your wedding :eek: any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated!! We can’t wait!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage ! And you chose a great island for your honeymoon too. Where are you flying from ? Can you wait another day to take that earlier flight to SXM so that you have more connection time once you land & before the Winair flight ? And do you really have to check luggage ? that might very well slow your connection time down unless you choose to pay one of the VIP service companies mentioned on the forum who will speed you thru. Good luck !

:heart1:

Arrival SXM 3:15 PM, with WinAir departure at 5 PM, is adequate time. However, if you’re checking luggage, I would recommend that you engage Premium IV to assist in your SXM to SBH transfer. Congratulations . . . and have a great time in celebrating your wedding & new life as a married couple!

I agree with Dennis (cec1) but I would use Premium IV only because it’s the first time going thru SXM. One and three-quarters hours is plenty of time. And congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.

If you are new to SXM, which is still a mess for the experienced, I suggest you consider the above advice and use Premium IV. Your arrival 3;15 will work with them but not if you are new to SXM and try it alone.
If you are new to SBH you will naturally have way to much baggage. We all have done that and sometimes multiple times.
George

Agree with Andy . . . though Premium IV offers a great service any time, I think that it would be especially valuable in view of the circumstances -- confusion at SXM as it continues to recover from "Irma" damage, the occasion being your honeymoon, and you don't want anything to go wrong!

We book our flights as soon as we know the dates we are going...the afternoon flights over to SBH can fill up during popular times. If you book early, you can time that small flight with what works best with your arrival/departure flights. We always use Premium IV when we go in case we are delayed coming in or have another travel snafu. It’s totally worth the money and doesn’t cost that much more. Have a great trip!

The sooner you book the better. You may want to look into St. Barth Commuter. They often are less expensive and they will pay more attention to you than Win Air. Agree with the others- your connection time is adequate and with Premium IV you’ll make the connection even if you arrive to SXM an hour late. Don’t get up early the day after your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon. Please share with us your experiences on the island. We fly thru Puerto Rico using Tradewind. You may check out that itinerary also.

The sooner you book the better. You may want to look into St. Barth Commuter. They often are less expensive and they will pay more attention to you than Win Air. Agree with the others- your connection time is adequate and with Premium IV you’ll make the connection even if you arrive to SXM an hour late. Don’t get up early the day after your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon. Please share with us your experiences on the island. We fly thru Puerto Rico using Tradewind. You may check out that itinerary also.

Thank you! We were looking at St Barth Commuter as well, but didn’t know if it was better to have more options in case something goes wrong.
We battled back and forth between leaving the morning after our wedding or Monday, but we decided we would rather as much time there as possible since we have to leave the following Sunday (and it gives us a little wiggle room in case flights get cancelled, etc).

Thank you all so so much for the help!