Papa's pizza. Anyone tried this one yet? Looks like delivery only.

KZ1300A1

SBH Insider
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190815_1219585.jpg
    IMG_20190815_1219585.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 2,077
They do takeout, but I don’t know if they have any tables for eat-in. There in the Les Mangliers complex, straight back behind the airport gas station. I haven’t tried them. Les Bananiers is my go-to pizza place.

I can report that the pizza place at Toiny is excellent, as well! Closed on Monday & Tuesday nights. It's primarily take-out, but does have a few old-fashioned picnic tables if you want to sit there. Wine sold by the bottle, only.

Dennis, can you share with us the name of the Toiny pizzeria ? I don't recall talk of it ???

I think it's called "JPizza." Two people there . . . the woman who takes orders (a beautiful young black woman from France named "Winnie" (as in "the Pooh") -- she speaks perfect English, from time spent in London, as I recall); and the Italian pizza maker, who used to be at L'Entracte and, I think, at Chez Rolande. It's in the bottom (i.e., ground level) of a house on the left as one drives toward Toiny -- just past the road over to Petit Cule de Sac. Super nice people and outstanding, thin crust pizza. Cash only.

JPizza is the correct name, after JP, the pizzaiolo. It’s open only for dinner, Wednesday through Sunday, 18:00 - 22:00. The phone number is 0690.33.73.87. I have not figured out just where it is, but I’ve never looked at night when they’re open.

I am so happy to know about JPizza...we are staying in the Toiny area next March and will be good to know of a close-by place to pick up a pizza for movie night in the villa!

I am so happy to know about JPizza...we are staying in the Toiny area next March and will be good to know of a close-by place to pick up a pizza for movie night in the villa!

We tried to find papas or jpizza last night and gave up. Ended up at Bananiers. Pizza was 13 eu. Got two peperoni and added chevre cheese. Enjoyed it. The pepperoni is spicy so I recommend a carib, presidente or the lorraine beer. Red wine just supercharged the spice. The people were super nice.

When that [pizza craving hits we too head to Bananiers. Nice people for sure. Good food too in addition to their pizza menu.

Nothing like sitting at le Bananiers knowing that the aroma of their pizza will soon come 'wafting' to your table and then it appears- Ahhh St. Barth!

Hideaway had it all. Friendly people who appreciated that you were eating and drinking there. Delicious pizza with hot oil at a fair price. Vanilla rum that kept appearing. And view of the car park. Also locals and tourists always there.

Yes - the hot oil!! I’ve tried many times to recreate it on my own but can’t quite get it right. And I’ve purchased some here and there in gourmet food stores but they aren’t right either. Has anyone seen it for sale on-island?

Yes - the hot oil!! I’ve tried many times to recreate it on my own but can’t quite get it right. And I’ve purchased some here and there in gourmet food stores but they aren’t right either. Has anyone seen it for sale on-island?

I bring home several bottles each trip of “U HUILE PIMENTEE”. Specials Pizza
from Marche U. It’s in a 25 cl square clear glass bottle with a picture of a pizza and 3 red peppers on the label, and located toward the back of the store in the aisle that has olive oil also. About 3 E.

Madame Cassidain makes une très méchante huile piquante. I'll try to wheedle the recipe out of her. I prefer, however, the pomace left over from the process on my pizzas.

IMG_0539.jpg