Le Select 70th Planning

EddyG

SBH Insider
70 T-Shirt_Final 3 jpeg.jpg

Here is what is palnned so far:
DJ music at Select starting on Fri. Nov. 8 and live music at night.
Same on Sat.
Sun. the gallery (Marius' museum) will open from about 1 until 3.
Le Select will open at 6 for a special gathering of Select's friends. No invitation is needed.
Mon. is the official day. Party starts around noon and family/friends photos around 1. Music all day.

No Jimmy Buffett concert is scheduled, but he probably will play a few songs sometime. No info on that.

Nothing is scheduled at Eddy's for Tues. as of now.

So, I'm trying to find out what interest there may be in a group dinner at Eddy's before the 11th and a gathering on Tues. Some will arrive on the 8th and some will be gone by the 12th. I thought 2 gatherings at Eddy's would be good.

A gathering at Lil'Rock during the week before the 11th is also in the works and maybe a pizza party at Bagatelle one evening.

The artwork above is the initial design of a t-shirt I will be making. The letters are Marius' handwriting. Only a sall quantity will be made.

SO, can anyone recommend a survey site we can use to find out the interest in these other events so planning can be made? Reservations are needed in advance.

This will be a very special celebration and I hope there are many opportunities for all to meet, not just at Select.

A survey would get some input to be more specific on the planning. Any advice?

Marius is doing OK, but has been very tired and not sure how much he will be at Select. He will be trying his best.

Many thanks.

Sounds like quite the celebration !

I don't know exactly how it works, but when my cousin sent out invites to her wedding, we received it from...evite.com...so you might check that website to see how it works & whether would work for you in planning Mr Marius' Le Select celebration.

Eddy, love the shirt, will we be able to order/buy if not on SBH then ? Thanks for sharing your great pix & book !

What a wonderful undertaking to look forward to come this November. Thank you for your planning and dedication, Ed. And now I hope that dear Mr Marius can feel strong and enjoy all the fanfare! Giving it his best is what Mr Marius always does.

Looking forward to it! Love the artwork. You can use the “poll” feature on Facebook to determine interest in the gatherings. It can be administered through “SBH Online” Facebook page. Might be an easy way to go about it.

View attachment 50083

Here is what is palnned so far:
DJ music at Select starting on Fri. Nov. 8 and live music at night.
Same on Sat.
Sun. the gallery (Marius' museum) will open from about 1 until 3.
Le Select will open at 6 for a special gathering of Select's friends. No invitation is needed.
Mon. is the official day. Party starts around noon and family/friends photos around 1. Music all day.

No Jimmy Buffett concert is scheduled, but he probably will play a few songs sometime. No info on that.

Nothing is scheduled at Eddy's for Tues. as of now.

So, I'm trying to find out what interest there may be in a group dinner at Eddy's before the 11th and a gathering on Tues. Some will arrive on the 8th and some will be gone by the 12th. I thought 2 gatherings at Eddy's would be good.

A gathering at Lil'Rock during the week before the 11th is also in the works and maybe a pizza party at Bagatelle one evening.

The artwork above is the initial design of a t-shirt I will be making. The letters are Marius' handwriting. Only a sall quantity will be made.

SO, can anyone recommend a survey site we can use to find out the interest in these other events so planning can be made? Reservations are needed in advance.

This will be a very special celebration and I hope there are many opportunities for all to meet, not just at Select.

A survey would get some input to be more specific on the planning. Any advice?

Marius is doing OK, but has been very tired and not sure how much he will be at Select. He will be trying his best.

Many thanks.

Thank you, Ed, for keeping all of us “in the loop.” You’re obviously valuable in coordinating a celebration of the good will of so many friends of Le Select &, most especially, of Marius.

Google has a very easy and free "poll" feature that I use all the time. It is simple and dumps the results into a spreadsheet which is super convenient if you want to email the respondents.
Maybe a better option in case everyone is not on Facebook.
https://www.google.com/forms/about/

Doodle Poll is another option and it has a free version. I also use this frequently.
https://doodle.com/free-poll

Happy to help if needed.

We just changed our plans so as to arrive on 8 November. Can't wait!! Thanks for all your work on this Ed.

mb

If you're interested in voting on the proposed schedule for the big event, send an email to;

select70th@icloud.com

Your email will be included in the "Doodle" voting. BTW, we were at the 60th celebration, and it was literally four days of constant activities, and one of the best times we've ever had on the Island.

Phil

Can't wait for this. Our group has been planning since summer. I can't wait to see our forum friends.

Please keep me in the loop

I am David's eldest daughter and just booked my very first trip to St. Barts to attend the celebration. Bringing my son and 2 close friends November 8-13. Can't wait!!

Welcome to the forum David's daughter. Wishing you a wonderful 1st time! Bet it will not be your last...

We were at the 50th and the 60th- cant wait!
How can I get my hands on one of those T-shirts? You taking orders?