Name:  7B824F1E-0799-4942-83B0-C5375E403178.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  358.7 KB
    Name:  128C56EA-4B1A-4092-8B50-08B521F357DC.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  367.6 KB

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,213

Re: Recent Photos

Oh the colors. The blues! And the green coming back. So good to see. Thank you!
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

These were taken at the end of July/beginning of August

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,349

Great photos, Awilson18!! Loved the water shots and, in particular, the one with the lady floating in the sea. Very cool - thanks for sharing with us all.

Gayle

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 10,196

beautiful!

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 7,866

Even though the island is small and we have seen many photos of the same locales, they never get old! Keep on sending more and thank you!

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 775

Great pix...hiking up to take some or drone or both ? thanks for starting my morning with your photos !

Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by NancySC View Post
    Great pix...hiking up to take some or drone or both ? thanks for starting my morning with your photos !
    These ones are all drone shots.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2010 Nuevo York Posts: 596

Quote Originally Posted by Awilson18 View Post
    I thought the pics looked like they were taken by a drone given the vantage. I don't mean to sound like a PITA, but don't you have to be licensed to operate a drone on SBH? I had thought a while back about bringing one but I think I read on a thread here that would have been illegal unless I had a license.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 570

Quote Originally Posted by Awilson18 View Post
    Curious if that is a model in the photo of the woman floating?

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 422

Quote Originally Posted by bkeats View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a PITA, but don't you have to be licensed to operate a drone on SBH? I had thought a while back about bringing one but I think I read on a thread here that would have been illegal unless I had a license.
    I do not current about current regulations. In 2017, Ellen posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by elgreaux View Post
    I know this subject has come up before but here is a little news release from the Collectivité (I loosely translated it for your reading pleasure and left the French below for the francophones among us...)

The collectivité informs the population and guests to the island that the utilization of drones is forbidden, except with special authorization provided by the proper authorities as per the regulation dates December 17, 2015 relative to the use of air space by aircraft without a pilot aboard.

The pilot of such remote-controlled aircraft with an engine, is subject to a fine as outlined by the Code des Transports from 15 000 € to 45 000 €. It is recommended that anyone who has information on the infraction of this law to contact the gendarmerie so they can start an inquiry and eventually open legal proceedings.

It is however tolerated to use a drone at very low altitudes within the strict limits of your private property and on the condition of not taking images of your neighbors.
    -------

La collectivité informe la population et ses visiteurs que l'utilisation de drones est interdite, sauf autorisation spéciale délivrée par les autorités administratives compétentes, conformément à l'arrêté du 17 décembre 2015 relatif à l'utilisation de l'espace aérien par les aéronefs qui circulent sans personne à bord.
    Un pilote d'aéromodèle faisant évoluer un engin est passible d'une amende prévue par le Code des Transports allant de 15 000 € à 45 000 €. Il est recommandé aux personnes ayant connaissance d'un tel événement de saisir la gendarmerie pour enquête et ouverture éventuelle d'une information judiciaire.
    Il est toutefois toléré d'utiliser un drone à très basse altitude dans les strictes limites de sa propriété privée et à la condition de ne pas prendre d'images du voisinage.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,101

Great contribution! Merci!

Quote Originally Posted by GMP62 View Post
    Great photos, Awilson18!! Loved the water shots and, in particular, the one with the lady floating in the sea. Very cool - thanks for sharing with us all.

Gayle
    Just curious from a privacy standpoint. Where does that begin and end. I have a neighbor across the street that flys a drone. We have a pool in our back yard. I've had a few words with him. Same with the woman floating. If that was a model great. If someone that didn't know they were being photographed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    Just curious from a privacy standpoint. Where does that begin and end. I have a neighbor across the street that flys a drone. We have a pool in our back yard. I've had a few words with him. Same with the woman floating. If that was a model great. If someone that didn't know they were being photographed?
    Interesting and good question, Hawke. I honestly assumed that this was his wife floating in the water....privacy hadn’t even crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GMP62 View Post
    Interesting and good question, Hawke. I honestly assumed that this was his wife floating in the water....privacy hadn’t even crossed my mind.
    All, fully aware of privacy concerns. Most of those shots were done very early in the morning(6:00am) when there was nobody on the beach. The last thing I would want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, specifically, those who choose to go topless.

FWIW...The “lady” in the water pic is my wife. No way would I ever randomly photograph someone. Not that it makes it right, but, even at the low altitude that water pic was taken you can barely tell, if at all, what my wife looks like. That shot may have been taken no more than 50 feet above the water. I’ve been approached by folks in the past who have concerns that I am filming or photographing them. I understand their concerns. A couple of points, I tend to fly in safe, open public spaces, not over someone’s backyard pool. Most people are completely of unaware of how the technology works so I try to use these scenarios as an opportunity to educate. Once people understand they tend to feel less violated. Usually I show them the video feed on my phone and ask them to tell me if they can identify themselves. Again, I respect people’s privacy, which is why I fly in public spaces.

I have been a drone user for several years and understand the concerns that people have when it comes to flying. Hawke, clearly you’ve had issues with your neighbor who I’m assuming is hovering over your pool causing you to feel violated in some way. That is not how I fly my drone.

I tend to follow the guidelines we have here in the states (which in many cases are observed abroad). Under 400ft AGL(I fly way under that), don’t fly over crowds, keep line of sight, don’t fly at night, use Kittyhawk to gain FAA approvals when needed, etc. etc. In fact, the next step for me is to take the Part 107 license test.

My point in all of this that I am a responsible and respectful drone operator. Not all drone pilots are like Hawke’s neighbor. And if you feel uncomfortable around someone flying don’t assume they are doing something wrong. Ask them what they are filming/photographing. I love when people ask me about the tech or what I’m capturing. Hey, you never know, maybe some of you will have a drone to fly in the future.

Adam

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,002

Your photos are stunning, Adam; thank you for posting. I look forward to seeing more!
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

Adam; thankyou for explaining and I respect your concern for peoples privacy.
    Last edited by Hawke; 08-15-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in name

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    Adam; thankyou for explaining and I respect your concern for peoples privacy.

Very informative, Adam...thank you for this information and your perspective. Very enlightening!

Gayle