Favorite Month

Hawke

Senior Insider
Taking everything into consideration, what is your favorite month to visit St Barts. Cost, weather, crowds, restaurants open, shops open, condition of beaches, and anything else you can think of.

I like the end of October as the island returns to itself following summer vacations and new staff arriving. There is a spirit of joy at reconnecting and reacquainting as things come together. The opening of restaurants is fun because they usually do not overlap and you can welcome them back and wish them well.

Let me say this is tough picking just a MONTH. I go along with St Barths being a great place to be and DAY that ends in the letter "Y" you know.

We typically go in December and March, but slipped in an April trip last year after Irma affected our winter trip. We loved April...everything was open, but not crowded, and the island just seemed to move at a slower pace. We really enjoyed the laid back vibe that time of year. Although I can’t imagine a bad month in St. Barts! Ha, ha.

Hello Hawke,
We enjoy very first week on November and early May for the reasons Amy and Tiffany commented.

We've only been in November, December and February. This was a habit we picked up when we lived in Chicago and wanted a winter getaway.
It doesn't make sense to me to go during summer but I understand some have to due to scheduling issues.

I was explaining to someone a few days ago that villa rental prices and the same from mid-April to mid-December.

So November-December works for me!

We enjoy the low season. Oct, Nov, into December. We have friends we visit in Florida for a couple weeks in either late January or in February for a couple weeks.

When the temperature this summer was over 90 on the Isle of Long, it was in the mid 80’s on island. Oh, and tropical breezes. Summer is a great time too.

April. Years ago, we asked local friends which months had the best weather. The consensus was April. We visit in April and November, with an occasional June trip. June is warmer than we like.

We've been in March, April, May, October and November. April was great when we were working and a nice celebration of the end of winter in NYC area. But now we are in Florida for the winter. In October a few years back we went for our 20th anniversary in October. Hurricane Omar hit... so I would have to say November. Its a dreary month up North with the short days and bare trees.

May. We honeymooned in June and have returned in May thereafter. The weather in Long Island is still transitioning and we get a jump on our summer tan and vibe.

We’ve vacationed on St. Barth anywhere between April and August. Did the summer months when the kids were small. Now, April or May is our sweet spot. But, want to come down in November one year as well to enjoy the gourmet dining festival, too. Working up to being able to enjoy our happy place 2X a year. Hopefully sooner than later!

Come on down for the Gourmet Festival, it would be fun to share a dinner togther one night, place of your choosing.

You are lucky then. You are in the right place. I like visiting you any month too. We can share a happy place.