Similarities

Hawke

Senior Insider
Was thinking of sending amyb a private message asking how their lives at home are similar to when they are on St. Barts. Decided to make it a thread and hopefully there is some response.

Colombier requires a walk over the goat path or the use of a boat to get to a beautiful and somewhat secluded beach. In Chatham you need a boat to reach North Beach Island. A beautiful sandy beach however much colder water.

Well, SBH is certainly more carefree. Came home to major chores at home..we had a toilet tank overflow incident--Yuck.

Having little trips down memory lane as I sort through old boxes of stuff that I saved..God only knows why? Looking for one thing I really need to get my hands on, yet to find it. Other treasures found.

I am ferklempt with uncovering and rediscovering 50 years of memories stored in our house

Having little trips down memory lane as I sort through old boxes of stuff that I saved..God only knows why? Looking for one thing I really need to get my hands on, yet to find it. Other treasures found.

I am ferklempt with uncovering and rediscovering 50 years of memories stored in our house

I'm with you in spirit, my yankee soul sister. :heart1:

Up in northern Michigan we enjoy the wind and water, sunsets and storms as in St. Barth. There are many artists here who make their homes due to the colors of the sky, earth and water. The restaurants are not as good or plentiful as on the island but the people are.

Up in northern Michigan we enjoy the wind and water, sunsets and storms as in St. Barth. There are many artists here who make their homes due to the colors of the sky, earth and water. The restaurants are not as good or plentiful as on the island but the people are.
Sounds like you have found the perfect balance.

Life at home in Jacksonville is “the real world.” SBH life is dreamlike.

I do more work for the ”day job” while in JAX . . . I have & see more friends on SBH . . . I take more afternoon naps on SBH . . . I hardly ever drink Rose while in JAX . . . I visit more restaurants on SBH (& eat more desserts!) . . . I hardly ever watch television on SBH . . . I listen to music more often on SBH.

Did I mention that I nap more often on SBH? It’s dreamy!

Life at home in Jacksonville is “the real world.” SBH life is dreamlike.

I do more work for the ”day job” while in JAX . . . I have & see more friends on SBH . . . I take more afternoon naps on SBH . . . I hardly ever drink Rose while in JAX . . . I visit more restaurants on SBH (& eat more desserts!) . . . I hardly ever watch television on SBH . . . I listen to music more often on SBH.

Did I mention that I nap more often on SBH? It’s dreamy!
I could be mistaken,however I think there are more Interstates going through and around JAX.

I could be mistaken,however I think there are more Interstates going through and around JAX.
Absolutely right, Kent! And a neighbor — a TSA official — says that the crossroads of interstate highways makes the area a hub for drug dealing! Who would have thought?

Same in MA. A son is in drug enforcement. When someone is arrested there is a new supplier ready to take his spot.

Life in the San Diego area is pretty much the same as SBH but we add in golf and charity work. No golf in SBH, which is fine. No earthquakes that I know of in SBH either, but in general, we have sun, sand, beautiful weather. Only I can not get all of my French stuff here and the food in San Diego is NOTHING compared to SBH...so much to love in SBH!! Well, truthfully, SBH is perfect. San Diego is 2nd perfect. Grateful to wake up every day here if I can't be down in SBH! If you can't get to SBH, come to San Diego!

Life in the San Diego area is pretty much the same as SBH but we add in golf and charity work. No golf in SBH, which is fine. No earthquakes that I know of in SBH either, but in general, we have sun, sand, beautiful weather. Only I can not get all of my French stuff here and the food in San Diego is NOTHING compared to SBH...so much to love in SBH!! Well, truthfully, SBH is perfect. San Diego is 2nd perfect. Grateful to wake up every day here if I can't be down in SBH! If you can't get to SBH, come to San Diego!

lots of earthquakes, luckily they are all fairly low key!

We spend summers in Stone Harbor, NJ..very laid back vibe with great restaurants..
Although beaches not quite same as SBH...

We spend summers in Stone Harbor, NJ..very laid back vibe with great restaurants..
Although beaches not quite same as SBH...

Will be visiting family & friends on my swing thru PA, NJ, DE trip next month with a few in OCNJ on itinerary. Great cheap r/t fare from SAV to PHL $226 on AA, amazing. You have more places to dine than OC has.