Photo from my other island wins a contest

EddyG

SBH Insider
I have had a lot of practice taking fireworks photos in St. Barth, and so it was pretty routine to take the photo below from Put-in-Bay, Ohio towards Middle Bass Island, where I live in the summer, on July 4th. A contest was announced in July by the local newspaper, so I entered this one. And I won.

DSC09735s.jpg

The copy:

[FONT=&quot]The Put-in-Bay Gazette photo contest for June/July was a huge success with over 60 entries on our Facebook page and to our email. Photos ranged from pictures of rough water, different views of the monument, kids playing on the beach and on the Miller Ferry, agriculture and architecture on the island and even a view of Put-in-Bay from the Middle Bass Island dock. When all was said and done, our judges chose a winner, the image you see here by Ed Gudenas of Middle Bass Island. Ed will receive a lifetime online subscription to the Put-in-Bay Gazette to go along with his photo being featured on the cover. Runner up photos were from Billy Market and Miranda Molyet Smith. We’d like to extend a huge thank you to our judges for combing through the photos and to all our photo submitters. [/FONT]

And here is one from Gustavia from New Years this year. A bit different.

DSC02560e.jpg

A stunning photo. How did you get the fireworks to stay still for it? Damn, you’re good, Ed. It is a prize winner. Congrats.

Amazing capture, as always! We always enjoy your photography. Congrats on winning the contest...not a surprise.

Many thanks for the nice comments! I'm not exactly sure how I get the fireworks to work in a photo, but having a good camera AND lens on a tripod helps. I'm writing this from the SXM airport on the way to SBH for a surprise visit to see Marius and offer what help is needed for the 70th of Select in Nov. Expect a few photos and some more info on the 70th soon.

Thank you Ed for all you do. Give Mr Marius a hug for me.

How long will you be on St Barths?

Oh là là, how beautiful! We used to live not too far away in Michigan, so your photos bring back great memories! Happy Summer!