No city water

andynap

Senior Insider
20190731_093043.jpg
20190731_093059.jpg

Gathered off of roofs. My observations are that birds poop on the roof. Not drinkable.

But cistern water can be used for washing and cleaning. Would certainly boil it first if bottled water not available for consumption.

The storms were intense overnight and reminded me of an expression from when I was a kid in Philly - "God is bowling." We slept in until a luxurious 9:30. The "kids" made a run to Petite Colombe around 10:30 reporting the roads are fine. From our hill I can see a ferry on its way to St. Maarten, the first plane of the morning just landed and there is sunshine on the horizon.

The storms were intense overnight and reminded me of an expression from when I was a kid in Philly - "God is bowling." We slept in until a luxurious 9:30. The "kids" made a run to Petite Colombe around 10:30 reporting the roads are fine. From our hill I can see a ferry on its way to St. Maarten, the first plane of the morning just landed and there is sunshine on the horizon.

I haven't heard that "God Is Bowling" line for a long time, takes me back to my being a kid in Philly as well...

my grandparents has a home in Scarborough on the Hudson. When there were storms, 'the sleeping giant across the river would wake up and roll against the ten pins.'