Where Am I? - Take Eight

GramChop

Senior Insider
Hmmmm....where was I when I saw this old sailboat hanging in the wall?

20E41805-7604-498B-B449-EC8575173942.jpeg

Thinking the museum or one of the Catholic churches. Very clever thing you've got going Missy...fun too !

Thinking the museum or one of the Catholic churches. Very clever thing you've got going Missy...fun too !

You are spot on, Nancy...When you enter the Lorient church and turn to look over your left shoulder, you’ll find this sailing vessel hanging on the wall.

B5FE7125-8A42-45EA-BBED-4DF16795DF8B.jpg

28CA470D-CAB9-49BF-98DC-D669E0A64F92.jpg

I am thrilled that you’re enjoying these quizzes. I am having a ball searching for fun ones to post.

It's such a lovely Church . . . been there many times & remember the model ship. Failing, however, to recall it from your photo reminds me of advice of Wendy, an architect with historic preservation as her interest, that it's necessary to -- in essence -- look above eye level to see the entire picture of a building. The model you've posted clearly is above eye level . . . missed by anyone who doesn't look around (& above)!

I am thrilled that you’re enjoying these quizzes. I am having a ball searching for fun ones to post.

I very much appreciate the effort that goes into this type of post. I’ve done them for years, but mine are dwindling in number as I find it harder to find new material. Your eye, different than mine, brings a different perspective. Thanks Lambikins!

Seeing St Barths through Missy's eyes with her camera and her love of so many varied things is always a treat!

It's such a lovely Church . . . been there many times & remember the model ship. Failing, however, to recall it from your photo reminds me of advice of Wendy, an architect with historic preservation as her interest, that it's necessary to -- in essence -- look above eye level to see the entire picture of a building. The model you've posted clearly is above eye level . . . missed by anyone who doesn't look around (& above)!

I don't know when I began to look up at the exteriors of buildings when travelling, but I find it fascinating...might be a modern shop on the ground floor with the floor above still like it may have been 'in the day.' Recent trip included Budapest & Prague...quite different styles there what with the Communist days. And now how important for me to look down while walking !

True-I try so hard to look up and see the world all around me. Then again, I look down as I am terrified of falling. Choices.

Amy & Nancy . . . so right! Important, as we gently grow into our “mature” years, to look where we’re walking! (Wendy says that I’ve been stumbling along for 44 years. LOL!) At the same time, I appreciate that you also share my feeling that sights in uplifted eyes elevate our experiences (much as Missy is doing for us with her “where am I” series). We’re so blessed with sight . . . so many rich experiences.

Merci for all the compliments, friends. My head has been on a swivel stick this trip...always looking for new and exciting things to see. This island doesn’t disappoint.