La Baleine Hummingbird

GramChop

Senior Insider
I stalked this beauty for a few days and finally captured a decent shot.

I had heard from multiple sources (pool guy, housekeepers, friends) that the colibri had all but disappeared after Irma. I’m happy to report that at least two have come back to the Colombier hillside.

89C21014-EC85-4845-AA05-61A2D0E06AEF.jpg

Wonderful to welcome back feathered friends. And this is a super photo.

The white crested doves, two pair, can again be found in Lurin-just yesterday one posed on our hillside which is showing some new green foliage.

Wonderful to welcome back feathered friends. And this is a super photo.

The white crested doves, two pair, can again be found in Lurin-just yesterday one posed on our hillside which is showing some new green foliage.

I saw one of those doves when we were on island in May along with one hummingbird while stopped at the lite by the Carl Gustav construction.

Amy . . . does this “green foliage” observation mean that recent rain showers are bringing some meaningful new growth to the island?

Yes, little buds. And a green blush on some lawn spots at the villa.

However, should we have no more rain showers, I worry that the new fragile growth will quickly burn away.

Lovely capture, Missy! And good to hear of Amy and Phil’s white crested dove pairs in Lurin, also!