Coral at Anes des Cayes

fins85258

Senior Insider
I was reading a review for a small hotel in Anes des Cayes. I have noticed from photos that there is a fair amount of rock or lava in some areas of the beach right up to the waters edge but this person mentioned there being a lot of coral up to the waters edge also. Is this true and is it a problem of any kind? This was a review of O'Kai Beach Residence.

We stayed in a villa on Anse des Cay. Lots of coral and boulders up to waters edge. The only sand was in front of the hotel that didn't go far into the water. Not a good swimming beach. Beach glass and some shells. Nice views. Wouldn't stay in that area again. Also narrow roads in and out.

We stayed in a villa on Anse des Cay. Lots of coral and boulders up to waters edge. The only sand was in front of the hotel that didn't go far into the water. Not a good swimming beach. Beach glass and some shells. Nice views. Wouldn't stay in that area again. Also narrow roads in and out.
I agree with that pre-Irma but I understand the beach closer to Manapany is swimmable now.

I had lunch (twice) at Manapany a few weeks ago. The surf was rolling in, and I believe it pretty much always does there. Both times I was there the beach had a lot sargassum seaweed, and both times a worker was busy removing it.

IMG_1462aaaa.jpg

IMG_1463aaaa.jpg

When we rented villa there, the weed was around every day. The villa was priced right, however wouldn't stay in Anse de Cayes again. Many other affordable villas in nicer areas. Also a lot of damage to other vilas.

I was reading a review for a small hotel in Anes des Cayes. I have noticed from photos that there if a fair amount of rock or lava in some areas of the beach right up to the waters edge but this person mentioned there being a lot of coral up to the waters edge also. Is this true and is it a problem of any kind? This was a review of O'Kai Beach Residence.

Hey Gregg- Anse. :wink2:

We stayed just down the road on Anse de Lezards in June. Lots of sargassum on the beach, and though they are working to clean it up, it's not swimmable.