Anyone havie a great meal on St. Barts recently?

I am! I am!

Black Ginger Chicken Satay and Tuna Tartare with peanuts, cashews, coconut milk and lemongrass atop a bed of avocado didn’t disappoint.

Oh, and the Cucumber Martini was delightfully refreshing.

54D42547-98D0-4BE8-BC24-A47C1B77F839.jpg

2706665A-00A7-42CC-8712-06276F4B6E34.jpg

2088DFAC-AFDC-4324-A655-5CA59EB4C0AA.jpg

Another terrific special a few weeks ago..pineapple with prawns. I am glad to have been introduced to Black Ginger for delightful dinners in serene surroundings.

When it’s available, Maya’s filet mignon is the among very best beef I ever recall having.

Though not recent, I still recall an evening with the “Menu Decouverte” at Le Gaiac, formerly the restaurant at Hotel Le Toiny, as the best dinner I’ve ever had, anywhere. A “tasting menu” of eight items was the pinnacle of haute cuisine, in my dining experience. My companions & I were nearly the only guests in the restaurant (probably 2000 / 2001), & the chef clearly chose to make it a tour de force evening for us.

Finally, I will say that I think that the peak of dining on SBH today is at L’Esprit. Meticulous preparation and presentation.

Hawke- Every meal we have on the island is good- some better than others but all consistently fresh and worth our time and palates.

Dinner st Sereno the other night was a delight. Warm breezes, great staff, and delicious food..lots of Italian style dishes. Not as big a crowd as our last visit, but we were not the only ones d8ning there.