Did this article get it right?

The best island advice I know is BRING HALF THE CLOTHES AND TWICE THE MONEY credited to Stew Leonard. Then rent a car and explore and do whatever you feel like. I am working on MASTERING THE ART OF DOING NOTHING and loving every moment here.

Nowadays We enjoy the sand free villa and pool. Used to beach from 9 to 4..not anymore.

Have really cut back on sun time too.

I think we all have our own way of enjoying, relaxing, exploring, shopping and dining on St. Barth. There’s no right or wrong answer as everyone’s idea of the perfect vacation is a bit different. For us, we love to go to the beach, sometimes 2x daily, enjoy the villa and pool, dine out, shop a bit, and really just relax and disconnect.. yes, disconnect from every day life. Gotta reset the ye old brain box once in awhile!!
Just my 2 cents.
:cool:

Nowadays We enjoy the sand free villa and pool. Used to beach from 9 to 4..not anymore.

Have really cut back on sun time too.
Probably a wise idea. Having played sports, landscaping my entire adult life, and a beach lover I have been in the sun most of my life. I do use sun block now. At the age of almost 69 most of the damage is done. Life is somewhat the luck of the draw. As long as I can, I'm going to enjoy and live as I always have. One of the pleasures of this site is seeing your posts and knowing the two of you are happy.

I think we all have our own way of enjoying, relaxing, exploring, shopping and dining on St. Barth. There’s no right or wrong answer as everyone’s idea of the perfect vacation is a bit different. For us, we love to go to the beach, sometimes 2x daily, enjoy the villa and pool, dine out, shop a bit, and really just relax and disconnect.. yes, disconnect from every day life. Gotta reset the ye old brain box once in awhile!!
Just my 2 cents.
:cool:
I agree. At first I thought you wrote this for me.

I don't think there was anything wrong in the article other than the advice to get a Land Rover. In my experience, that is so wrong for the island. Every time I see one or a jeep, I think to myself (actually I probably say it out loud) why is that (not so bright) person driving that huge vehicle? Especially when you are going up the road from St Jean to the beaches on the south side and one of those huge construction trucks is coming the other way. I go for the smallest car that will get me where I need to be. Preferably already dented and scratched so that no one notices the new ones I might add.

Bigger is not always better in the case of rental vehicles, so I say no to renting anything huge/wide, & those who rent or own them seem to take more than their share of the narrow roads. The author of the piece really didn't "get" SBH when it comes to car rentals ! Funny to read where she stayed since we had rented Leana thru St Barth Properties in 2016 & had intended to return in Nov. 2017, but "Irma" unfortunately did some damage there too. If anyone is interested in that property for future, please PM me.

And the Ligne spa with Eden Rock, author meant the spa is opening in fall 2019, but not at ER. Did I interpret correctly ?

Many vacations on SBH, always a villa, never a hotel & we tend to not dine at hotels very often.

I agree with everyone on the car rental. We had a Jeep for a day. We were set up with it. But our concierge told us to change it the next morning and he set it up for us to get a Mini Cooper. We would not have done well with the Jeep.

Overall does a good job describing the island. Agree with Diane on paid advertising. Also why would a giant car be recommended for a tiny island with narrow roads. Poor advice on that front.

Overall does a good job describing the island. Agree with Diane on paid advertising. Also why would a giant car be recommended for a tiny island with narrow roads. Poor advice on that front.
Nothing will ever beat a Moke from the early days. As I get older, it is nice to have AC. No matter what I am driving the different views on the roads still make me happy.