Favorite Past and Present

Yes TJH I think you've got it. I have never heard anyone talk about this restaurant. We never went back. We were staying in Marigot area and fell in love with Marigot Bay Club. It become our go to place on our first night in SBH.

Yes TJH I think you've got it. I have never heard anyone talk about this restaurant. We never went back. We were staying in Marigot area and fell in love with Marigot Bay Club. It become our go to place on our first night in SBH.

Look what I found!
(p.s. my dates were off - we were there in Nov 1990, not 1991) I couldn't find any treasures about Le Relais, though. fullsizeoutput_4051.jpg

One more for all of you with good memories. Remember when Pompi had a restaurant along with his art gallery in Toiny? We ate lunch there a couple of times. He was such a character and his art was as flamboyant as he was.

Anyone else remember Trois Forces? Always an interesting and fun experience--and great food!

The food was great, the wine prices were amazingly good (at least for the wines which I was drinking), and Hubert had a mustache which rivaled Pierro at Pipipri Palace for the best on the island. The parking lot was a minefield of potholes and potential ankle-breakers for anyone in heels (and perhaps those of us in flats too). We would sometimes drop by just for dessert, after dinner elsewhere.

The food was great, the wine prices were amazingly good (at least for the wines which I was drinking), and Hubert had a mustache which rivaled Pierro at Pipipri Palace for the best on the island. The parking lot was a minefield of potholes and potential ankle-breakers for anyone in heels (and perhaps those of us in flats too). We would sometimes drop by just for dessert, after dinner elsewhere.
Perfect description! Remember it exactly as you wrote.

Back then when we honeymooned at El Sereno we did all the research except that plugs were different on the Island than in the states. Remember those lens cleaners that plugged into a socket? Well the chef helped us out by boiling our lenses in the kitchen every night. Plus the food was amazing! Another reason to fall in love with St. Barth

Back then when we honeymooned at El Sereno we did all the research except that plugs were different on the Island than in the states. Remember those lens cleaners that plugged into a socket? Well the chef helped us out by boiling our lenses in the kitchen every night. Plus the food was amazing! Another reason to fall in love with St. Barth
Great memory. I wore contacts back then. Think I almost went blind. :nerd:

One memory we have from El Sereno in 1990 was that every evening as we were showering and getting ready for dinner, we were sure we heard some click-click-clicks along the path from room to room that we were sure was some staff member in heels, shuttling items from the kitchen (? office?) to each room. But each time, we peeked outside the room, we saw no one...finally one night, we departed a little earlier than we had been - and - the click-click-click? It was a squad of hermit crabs, leaving their burrows (is that what they're called?) and going out for the night! A silly but sweet memory.