*Tradewind*

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
Trying to book connection from/to SJU/SBH for our trip in May 2020 (yes, we are planners) on Tradewind Aviation. I don't see what their booking window is as in how many days out you can reserve. The standard for major airlines is 330 days out. We have our Delta flights from/to PDX/SJU for our dates booked. Does anyone have any experience or information on Tradewind? We thought the splurge would offset some of the hassles we had with AA in and out of SXM that required an overnight in CLT on return after changing our initial reservation. Hotel costs, extra day vacations for both of us, etc. add up to quite a bit. Right now can only reserve dates into April.

Re: Tradewinds

Hopefully this number will work for you. Tradewind: (800 )376-7922. Our experiences have been very good with them. There are just a few people who answer the phone and they’re amazingly kind and helpful.

Hopefully this number will work for you. Tradewind: (800 )376-7922. Our experiences have been very good with them. There are just a few people who answer the phone and they’re amazingly kind and helpful.

Yes, I forgot about the old fashioned contact by phone method! I actually just got off the phone and you are absolutely correct on the customer service! Took my name and number and will call and email me when those dates are open for booking.

Re: Tradewind

Yes, I forgot about the old fashioned contact by phone method! I actually just got off the phone and you are absolutely correct on the customer service! Took my name and number and will call and email me when those dates are open for booking.

Agree that Tradewind is very good having done round trips 2 years in a row. But you should take responsibility too & check from time to time online or phone to see if schedules loaded...just in case you don't get that email or phone call...just as you would with any carrier to check your ticketed flights & seats...computers not perfect.

Took my name and number and will call and email me when those dates are open for booking.

We did Tradewind for the first time this past May. I checked my emails and it was after Thanksgiving when they posted the schedule. We were also on the email list, but I remember calling a few times prior and then shortly after the final call, noticed that it was updated. As I recall, the prices and flight times differed somewhat from the spring schedule, so the anticipated, cheap, early morning flight had been dropped and we ended up with the more expensive end of the day one. Also, using spring schedule to plan with, I tried using the same days, but in April. Almost had a heart-attack at the prices, until I realized it was during the "Les Voiles" week.

We are loyal Tradewind travelers..usually get an email response from them the same day...tell them your travel dates and they will book you when the schedules are posted...enjoy

Tradewind. No S.

Yes, Tradewind is pricey. I find that "running the numbers" may make it less so. It's usually cheaper to fly into San Juan than Sint Maarten. Flying Home+SXM+Winair/SBH Commuter may actually cost more than flying Home+SJU+Tradewind. Run the numbers, see what works best for you.

Tradewind. No S.

Yes, Tradewind is pricey. I find that "running the numbers" may make it less so. It's usually cheaper to fly into San Juan than Sint Maarten. Flying Home+SXM+Winair/SBH Commuter may actually cost more than flying Home+SJU+Tradewind. Run the numbers, see what works best for you.

Also my experience.

Tradewind. No S.

Not from here and not in February and certainly not Winair.

Tradewind. No S.

And getting pricier. I just checked the Tradewind numbers for next March and on a MONDAY, it is now nearly $700 per person one way. I am astonished at that number for a supposedly off peak day (March 30, so not even during the Bucket). I ran the numbers and for the first time in years we are taking our chances through SXM both ways (arrive on a Saturday and leaving on a Monday) and keeping our fingers crossed. I am sure that Tradewind will be in the mix for some future trips but for 2020 we are going to "rough" it!

Sorry about fares out of SJU. We book the day the flights are posted and receive $500 max fares or below one way.
Definitely book SBC rather than WinAir out of SXM. Hope SXM does you well.

Trying to book connection from/to SJU/SBH for our trip in May 2020 (yes, we are planners) on Tradewinds Air. I don't see what their booking window is as in how many days out you can reserve. The standard for major airlines is 330 days out. We have our Delta flights from/to PDX/SJU for our dates booked. Does anyone have any experience or information on Tradewinds? We thought the splurge would offset some of the hassles we had with AA in and out of SXM that required an overnight in CLT on return after changing our initial reservation. Hotel costs, extra day vacations for both of us, etc. add up to quite a bit. Right now can only reserve dates into April.

We're also big on planning in advance and have flown on Tradewind for many years now. In my opinion, it is very much worth the premium over having to connect through SXM. Pricing is typically anywhere from $500/pp each way to $650/pp each way. I've seen schedules for May historically published as early as October or November the preceding year, or as late as January in other years.

My recommendation is to just get into the habit of checking the website once or twice a week and booking as soon as you see availability -- but it will likely be October at the earliest.

Hope you have a wonderful trip! You'll love the experience of flying with Tradewind, especially if you're an aviation buff. Those little PC-12s are absolutely amazing planes.

As said above, Tradewind (minor point- I believe it is Tradewind not Tradewinds Air) contacted us the day the flights we needed were posted so we could book immediately. Also remember their frequent flyer club- after ten flights you get one free- each way counts as two flights. Just ask them to sign you up and remind them when you book to give you credit.

That's good to hear about the free flight after 10 flights Hopper for those that fly this route. I never read that before.

It’s worth it on the way home to avoid customs in the US mainland
So true, especially if connecting thru Charlotte where so many Caribbean flights seem to arrive within seconds of each other, the lines so long & so many people over the allowed occupancy rate..if there is one...and trying to make a connection becomes a lost cause. Go Tradewind !