Thread: Villa WV TOR (Tortue) or Villa Aloes?

Villa WV TOR (Tortue) or Villa Aloes?

Hello! My fiancÚ and I will be honeymooning to the beautiful St. Barths in June 2020. We are looking at staying at either villa TOR in Lorient or Aloes in Lurin and were wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these places? Or if anyone has other recommendations for a villa with beautiful views up on a hill with a pool that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,838

Re: Villa WV TOR (Tortue) or Villa Aloes?

Hello, Please check you private message which I just sent you.
    Best regards,
    Bob Gelles

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,446

Although we’ve not stayed at either villa, I can speak to the location of Lurin. It’s wonderfully situated near Gouvenor beach (our personal favorite), and affords easy access to Gustavia. Villa Aloes looks lovely...oh, did I mention the gorgeous sunsets from Lurin?!? To die for! I believe you’d get gorgeous sunrise vistas in L’Orient. Depends what your personal preferences are. Congrats on your impending nuptials and let us know where you decide to go!

Gayle

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,067

Seems like Lurin is a haven for a new wild and crazy crowd.
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,608

It is really nice up here. Not on the beach but near to everything.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 730

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    It is really nice up here. Not on the beach but near to everything.
    The two of you would probably be happy anywhere on St. Barts and probably anywhere in the world as long as you are together.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,608

Good point, Hawke. D’accord! Life is good. Merci.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Thank y’all so for much for the input! We have added a couple others to the list- villa Kawai, villa Birdy, and La Falaise. Any opinions on these compared to the first two?

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2007 DC Metro Posts: 45

We stayed in WV TOR years ago. It was wonderful - cozy, comfortable, great pool, amazing view, and very quiet and private. I would absolutely go again!

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 8,314

We always stay at Villa Fregate in Pte. Milou. It has 4 bedrooms, infinity pool, great sunset views 270 degrees, nice walking and a stroll down to the Christopher Hotel for lunch or dinner. Hill to Hotel is steep though.

My husband and i just got back from our very first trip to St.Barts! We stayed at villa Nita in Lorient! Beautiful views of the ocean with a pool, great location, cool, contemporary villa..im already booking for next year! We werent sure exactly what part of the island to stay, but sure happy we chose this villa! Bery convenient! Enjoy

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,361

Quote Originally Posted by stbartshopper View Post
    We always stay at Villa Fregate in Pte. Milou. It has 4 bedrooms, infinity pool, great sunset views 270 degrees, nice walking and a stroll down to the Christopher Hotel for lunch or dinner. Hill to Hotel is steep though.
    I can understand how you like it, Bill . . . a lovely, refined villa in a stunning setting. And the walk to Hotel Christopher, as you say, is delightful (return walk is an important part of weight management on SBH!).

Thank y’all very much for your help! I think we have officially decided on Aloes in Lurin. We found several in Vitet that we loved like Ti Agave, Kawai, Royal Palm, etc but after reading several comments on that location we figured Lurin might be more desirable for our first time there. Our only concern with Aloes is the black windlbocker obstructing the view, but a rep at Happy Villa (and dadto6) reassured us it’s not an issue unless you’re sitting directly behind it.

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,472

Beautiful villa at a great price. Enjoy!

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,446

Let the tingling begin!!!

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 868

Like the look of Aloes along with location, wish I could pinpoint exactly where it is in Lurin ? Lost count of our years visiting, 20+, starting out in Lurin for a few years, once Marigot, once Vitet, opposite direction to Merlette & Columbier & back to Lurin the last 2. Wins the contest for view, privacy, going anywhere. When we did our annual island drive arounds this year, even Marigot seemed far !