Villa WV TOR (Tortue) or Villa Aloes?

Carfell36

SBH Member
Hello! My fiancé and I will be honeymooning to the beautiful St. Barths in June 2020. We are looking at staying at either villa TOR in Lorient or Aloes in Lurin and were wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these places? Or if anyone has other recommendations for a villa with beautiful views up on a hill with a pool that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Although we’ve not stayed at either villa, I can speak to the location of Lurin. It’s wonderfully situated near Gouvenor beach (our personal favorite), and affords easy access to Gustavia. Villa Aloes looks lovely...oh, did I mention the gorgeous sunsets from Lurin?!? To die for! I believe you’d get gorgeous sunrise vistas in L’Orient. Depends what your personal preferences are. Congrats on your impending nuptials and let us know where you decide to go!

Gayle

Thank y’all so for much for the input! We have added a couple others to the list- villa Kawai, villa Birdy, and La Falaise. Any opinions on these compared to the first two?

We stayed in WV TOR years ago. It was wonderful - cozy, comfortable, great pool, amazing view, and very quiet and private. I would absolutely go again!

We always stay at Villa Fregate in Pte. Milou. It has 4 bedrooms, infinity pool, great sunset views 270 degrees, nice walking and a stroll down to the Christopher Hotel for lunch or dinner. Hill to Hotel is steep though.

My husband and i just got back from our very first trip to St.Barts! We stayed at villa Nita in Lorient! Beautiful views of the ocean with a pool, great location, cool, contemporary villa..im already booking for next year! We werent sure exactly what part of the island to stay, but sure happy we chose this villa! Bery convenient! Enjoy

We always stay at Villa Fregate in Pte. Milou. It has 4 bedrooms, infinity pool, great sunset views 270 degrees, nice walking and a stroll down to the Christopher Hotel for lunch or dinner. Hill to Hotel is steep though.

I can understand how you like it, Bill . . . a lovely, refined villa in a stunning setting. And the walk to Hotel Christopher, as you say, is delightful (return walk is an important part of weight management on SBH!).

Thank y’all very much for your help! I think we have officially decided on Aloes in Lurin. We found several in Vitet that we loved like Ti Agave, Kawai, Royal Palm, etc but after reading several comments on that location we figured Lurin might be more desirable for our first time there. Our only concern with Aloes is the black windlbocker obstructing the view, but a rep at Happy Villa (and dadto6) reassured us it’s not an issue unless you’re sitting directly behind it.

Like the look of Aloes along with location, wish I could pinpoint exactly where it is in Lurin ? Lost count of our years visiting, 20+, starting out in Lurin for a few years, once Marigot, once Vitet, opposite direction to Merlette & Columbier & back to Lurin the last 2. Wins the contest for view, privacy, going anywhere. When we did our annual island drive arounds this year, even Marigot seemed far !