Carl Gustaf renovation

24loar

SBH Insider
How is the repair and renovation of the Carl Gustaf proceeding? Will the noisy work be finished by January and 'the season'?
Need to decide on a villa in Lurin within earshot of the hotel.

They are accepting reservations for dates in December so I would expect most of the loud outside work is close to completion.

We are renting in Lurin late November thru early December and were told that things "should" be quiet by then.

We are in Villa Gros Islets which, I'm told, is walking distance to the new Hotel Barriere Le Carl Gustaf

You can not miss the new hotel it...it is right on top of the road to Lurin.

Can not wait to see them replace the trees and plantings that have disappeared during the building of this new project.

Thanks. That is what I wanted to hear! It is Le Gros Ilets that we are considering. Have stayed there twice recently.

Very exciting to see the new Carl Gustaf! Wonder if they will still have sunset cocktails from a veranda/bar in their lobby area?

According to Le Journal, the reopening of the Carl Gustaf will be delayed until late December.

Bummer. No sunset drinks at the Goose for me this year.

I was looking forward to that, as well as dinner at Fouquet.

Alternatives for sunset cocktails include Ociela, below Bonita, and Victoria's the Goose's 3rd restaurant, at the old Route de Boucaniers location on the harbour. I've never tried the sunset view from Shellona, the Goose's beach restaurant, formerly Do Brazil.

The sunset at Carl Gustaf was spectacular because of their wonderful bartenders mixing generous cocktails with entertainment and a great setting.

Jacky was a super bartender. I liked when they had live music..guitar or piano, always so relaxing.
Just a terrific spot to meet and greet old friends as well as new.

Sunset cocktails at the Goose was magical. Glad to hear of the December re-open date.

This may seem an odd thing to comment on but Carl Gustaf had the best restrooms. Great to freshen up after running around Gustavia!

I got a kick out of the fiber optics and color changes of the running water in those state of the art lobby bathrooms.

I was looking forward to that, as well as dinner at Fouquet.

Alternatives for sunset cocktails include Ociela, below Bonita, and Victoria's the Goose's 3rd restaurant, at the old Route de Boucaniers location on the harbour. I've never tried the sunset view from Shellona, the Goose's beach restaurant, formerly Do Brazil.

Victoria is beautiful, if you don’t mind paying 16€ for a drink with an ice baseball in the glass. But there is a little flower in it
And then they overcharged us

Jacky was a super bartender. I liked when they had live music..guitar or piano, always so relaxing.
Just a terrific spot to meet and greet old friends as well as new.

Amy and Phil<
That"s where we met! Murray bullied me into it because I was scared to meet you. Life is funny. XXoo