Does anyone else remember this?

Hawke

Senior Insider
In the 1990's and early 2000's there was a couple who would arrive at Saline, usually with an entourage. The help would carry a table, beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and towels. While this was happening we would watch " The Mayor of Saline and his wife Buffy" our nicknames for them; disrobe as the were reaching their spot. It was quite a production. They always sat alone. A couple of stories will follow.

Gouverneur was our beach same time period probably where I remember a petite woman who would disrobe then don her mask & flippers to enter the ocean near the rocks on the left side facing the sea. In later years, crews would come from some of the yachts in port or anchored out of view with the same "baggage" for the guests who sometimes never showed up to benefit while we were there.

We saw the couple as well but on Shell Beach. Elegant table and two chairs set up on the beach. An exquisite meal, wonderful place settings... As we recall all of the items were brought to the beach by land and they were ‘chauffeured’ by water in a small dingy. Fun to watch a happy couple enjoy the afternoon together.

Okay. Next story. Around 2003 we went to Saline with Denise's brother Ron and his wife Ellen. The three of us were in the water and Ron was sitting on the beach. The Mayor was walking the beach completely nude, except for a Red Sox hat. As he was walking by, Ron asked him a question. As they were talking, the Mayor was standing over Ron who remained sitting on the beach. We kept saying to each other, why doesn't he stand up. It was if he was talking into a microphone, and we couldn't stop laughing. To be continued.

We didn't know there was a Mayor on the island. Only name we know is Bruno MaGras but maybe pre 'liberation' from France he was Mayor? Is "Mayor" maybe a nickname of somebody?

In the 1990's and early 2000's there was a couple who would arrive at Saline, usually with an entourage. The help would carry a table, beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and towels. While this was happening we would watch " The Mayor of Saline and his wife Buffy" our nicknames for them; disrobe as the were reaching their spot. It was quite a production. They always sat alone. A couple of stories will follow.
Hopper, this was my first post. A nickname.

Okay. Next story. Around 2003 we went to Saline with Denise's brother Ron and his wife Ellen. The three of us were in the water and Ron was sitting on the beach. The Mayor was walking the beach completely nude, except for a Red Sox hat. As he was walking by, Ron asked him a question. As they were talking, the Mayor was standing over Ron who remained sitting on the beach. We kept saying to each other, why doesn't he stand up. It was if he was talking into a microphone, and we couldn't stop laughing. To be continued.
That's great. I literally LOL'd at this image :laughing-cry:

That's great. I literally LOL'd at this image :laughing-cry:
The last part of the story. When we got out of the water, we asked Ron why he sat on the sand as long as he did. Next, who the gentleman was. He started handing me a business card the man had given him. I said I'm not taking that. Where did he pull that out of? Ron said "His hat! Where do you think ahole?" Replied " Those were the two possibilities" We all had a good laugh.