Thread: RULES FOR VISITING by Jessica Francis Kane

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,216

RULES FOR VISITING by Jessica Francis Kane

I have found a little gem for summer reading. When you simply can not handle another psychological thriller or war story, this is a pure delight. A University botanist decides to visit friends from her younger days and travels to have short visits with them in their homes..what Victorians called a fortnight visit. Her visits do not last two weeks, but each is memorable and eye opening and heartwarming.

The chapters are short, the illustrations of flora are captivating, and I read it in a day! A treat for those who travel and those who tend gardens...no matter the size.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 776

Re: RULES FOR VISITING by Jessica Francis Kane

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    I have found a little gem for summer reading. When you simply can not handle another psychological thriller or war story, this is a pure delight. A University botanist decides to visit friends from her younger days and travels to have short visits with them in their homes..what Victorians called a fortnight visit. Her visits do not last two weeks, but each is memorable and eye opening and heartwarming.

The chapters are short, the illustrations of flora are captivating, and I read it in a day! A treat for those who travel and those who tend gardens...no matter the size.
    A Savannah friend just back from seeing ALL his relatives + 1 friend, some he hadn't seen in 50 yrs. Book & photos in the works he said...

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 7,873

We are fans of gardening but like novels- not a group of short stories- nevertheless will take a gander!

Not short stories..a novel where the central chsracter visits 4 destinations so four separate tales within the story

SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 571

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Not short stories..a novel where the central chsracter visits 4 destinations so four separate tales within the story
    Thanks Amy. My wife was playing the extreme sport of minitour golf; stepped the wrong way, fell and fractured her wrist and ankle. She loves gardening and obviously will not be doing that for a while. Your recommendation may cheer her up.

Hope she heals well for next season and that she feels better soon