Thread: What's going on at Saline?

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2010 Nuevo York Posts: 597

What's going on at Saline?

There is a massive clearing that has been made at Saline. It's on the left of the path just behind the dunes. Yesterday there were trucks and excavators working on the site. It looks like a huge construction project. Does someone know what is happening there? Are they building that feared resort?

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2005 Glen Cove, NY Posts: 6,062

Re: What's going on at Saline?

I believe that it's part of the dune re-construction project necessitated by Irma's visit.

Phil

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 432

Quote Originally Posted by bkeats View Post
    There is a massive clearing that has been made at Saline. It's on the left of the path just behind the dunes. Yesterday there were trucks and excavators working on the site. It looks like a huge construction project. Does someone know what is happening there? Are they building that feared resort?
    WHAT is going on in Saline? (a thread from earlier this year - there have been others dating back to 10/18)

SBH Member Joined: Jun 2007 USA and Web Posts: 315

I hope it is true that this effort is the dunes rebuilding related (and the SBH Collectivity did great job with it already). But it doesn't seem that the amount of cleanup and planning made on the left is somehow required for the rebuilding.
    Enjoying St Barth since 1998

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2010 Nuevo York Posts: 597

Leon, that is my concern. The scale of the clearing to someone ignorant of what is needed to restore a dune makes me wonder. The leveled area must go back a couple hundred yards from the dune. It's gigantic. You could easily put a couple football fields in the space.