No water, but rain in Marigot

bkeats

Senior Insider
So after we got back to the villa yesterday afternoon from the beach, what should we find? No water. None. Not a drop to shower with. Despite what I may have posted in the past while I may use veuve clicquot to brush my teeth, it's far to wasteful to use it to bathe.

image.jpeg

So we called the villa agent who sent someone over to switch the water service over to the tank. Who knew there was such a thing? She told us the water could be out for an hour, a day or more. That there wasn't a schedule but that the water in the tank would be good for a week or more. Salvation from a sandy bathing suit and greasy skin from too much sun screen and bug spray has been delivered. Hallelujah.

Of course the irony is that this morning we get a drenching rain. Lovely wet sloppy rain to quench the thirst of plants and beasts. Was dramatic with wind rushing through the open windows and doors and that fine spray of mist felt wonderful on my face. Over all too soon.

image.jpgi

image.jpg

A little rain is a beautiful thing on a dry island! I see that 3.56mm (.14 inches) is being reported for Marigot.

Apparently city water production was stopped due to a technical issue at the incinerator, which provides steam to help run the desalinization plant. Production is expected to resume today. However, due to the construction work being done at Oasis, city water will be cut in Lorient and beyond until 6PM today.