Zion - Lunch Menu du Jour 6/26 and Suggestions of the Week

KevinS

Senior Insider
Zion Lunch.jpg

Have not yet been there for lunch, but Monday night dinner was fantastic. Without recalling the menu descriptions, I only can describe that with four in our party, one had Canneloni, two had Veal rump, & I had the pork belly (a spécialité du chef) . . . starters included two salads, calamari, & asparagus. A rich chocolate dessert was shared.. Wine list is extensive & VERY reasonably priced. JB, chef / proprietor, is modest and, though very young, a gentleman in “old school” fashion. Innovative, creative, talent, as well. Excellent service, and lovely ambiance. I’ll return often.

Such great news to have another fabulous dining option. On my list for sure next trip. Thank you to everyone which posted such glowing reports

Have not yet been there for lunch, but Monday night dinner was fantastic. Without recalling the menu descriptions, I only can describe that with four in our party, one had Canneloni, two had Veal rump, & I had the pork belly (a spécialité du chef) . . . starters included two salads, calamari, & asparagus. A rich chocolate dessert was shared.. Wine list is extensive & VERY reasonably priced. JB, chef / proprietor, is modest and, though very young, a gentleman in “old school” fashion. Innovative, creative, talent, as well. Excellent service, and lovely ambiance. I’ll return often.

Sounds like a winner, for our list ! and the pork belly you had, & I had at Tamarin on 5/18 was superb, wonder how similar they were ? ? hours/days of week for lunch since we're going to be in port in Dec. for day & overnite.

Denis, sounds like a great meal and I always love a reasonable wine list. We will try it this Friday for dinner and report back.

We are fortunate to have another wonderful option to add to our list as if there were not enough already. Thank you for your review.

I will pile on with my compliments. Had dinner tonight. Ambiance is wonderful. Service is gracious and the food was fabulous. Had the pork belly which was amazing.

image.jpg

As already mentioned the wine list was incredibly reasonable. An abundance of choices under €50. A potential new option for first or last day dinner.

I was initially concerned about Zion, both the menu and the anticipated pricing. Reports such as this one have changed my viewpoint. Thanks, bkeats!

Kevin, I think you're wariness is common. Most of us miss Hideaway especially since Andy left. The space went unused for so long and we all wondered what was going on. When news about a new restaurant opening came, I got a little excited. But then when I read the website, I got a bit concerned it was one of the new agey hip vibe places where the vision was more important than food. Its clearly not a reincarnation of the Hideaway. That's evident from the moment you walk in. The pathway past the doors is marked with small burning pots making it feel as though you're entering some rustic spot. But then you walk in and are greeted by this beautiful refined space. Everything is new and as Leon pointed out thoughtfully designed. The space looks as Billy Crystal said on SNL, mahvhulous! I will add my photo of the interior.

image.jpg

We got there about 7:30. By 8:00 it was pretty much full. The food is well presented. The servers are helpful. There's a nice wine list. Everything tastes great and it's not trop cher. What else would you need?

By the way, the orange gnocchi like things on my plate were sweet potato curry flavored pillows of deliciousness. I wish I could get a plate of just those.

I was initially concerned about Zion, both the menu and the anticipated pricing. Reports such as this one have changed my viewpoint. Thanks, bkeats!

Kevin, that lunch menu looks a bit confusing. Can you interpret please?

Sure. This is how I read the top half of it:

The daily special for that day was a Pork Tenderloin Filet with old-style whole grain mustard, and a cabbage confit. You could order just the special for €15.

They also had a special appetizer of a crudité salad that day, as well as a special dessert of Fondant au Chocolat.

You could order a "formule" (a combo) of either the appetizer and the special, or of the special and the dessert, for €19. If you wanted to substitute a Café Gourmand for the Fondant the cost to do so would be an additional €4.

You could order a combo of all three, the appetizer, the special, and the dessert for €25, and you could substitute a Café Gourmand for the Fondant for an additional €4.

Additionally, just the Fondant could be ordered for €7, and just the Café Gourmand for €11.

Is that the part which needed interpretation? The remaining five items were items which would be on the menu all week.

Zion Lunch.jpg

We had lunch at Zion on Friday as we waited for our flight home and it was delicious. One of the best lunch values all week and the beet tartare and mahi dish were both fantastic. Nice ambience and the place was seemingly filled with locals, which I imagine is a good sign. I would compare it with Fish Corner. Both are delicious but FC probably has an edge on food & offers a lot more lunch menu options, Zion wins on atmosphere easily since FC is basically in an alley.