Villa Petite St Louis - Corrosol

GramChop

Senior Insider
The last I've read about this tiny little bungalow on the Corossol hillside was in February or March, I think; there was construction going on nearby. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of the state of noise/construction going on now?

Thanks in advance.

-Missy

I can't speak to the construction noise now, but we stayed in Villa PSL in 2010! I absolutely loved it. Very private, nearly at the end of the street, and had a little path down to the beach. There was a resident iguana who liked to hang around and watch us. You can also walk to La Saintoise for a quick (and delicious) pizza.

Just by PSL is a small apartment affiliated with Hotel Ptit Morne. We were at the apartment until 6/21. As of that date, there was ongoing construction for the installation of several cisterns directly behind the house located at the base of the shrine of St. Louis.

We stayed at Petit St Louis in early February, and there was some considerable noise due to new construction nearby. When we were there it looked like they were digging out a new foundation, and the ACK-ACK-ACK was non-stop. I can't imagine that would still be going on now, but who knows? I took a picture of the construction site as seen from the pool deck - I'll see if I can find it and upload it to this thread.

That being said, we absolutely loved the villa! We considered renting it again for our upcoming trip in November, but I didn't want to risk another trip filled with noise.

Let's see if this works. Obviously - there wasn't much there in February. Perhaps someone can comment on the amount of progress (or lack thereof) since our visit?

PSL Construction.jpg