Ode to the Zion (or the perfect parting dinner)

Leon

SBH Insider
You all know that it's tough to get to the end of a visit to the paradise island, but having a perfect dinner as the closing makes the parting with SBH to go easier. For us this parting dinner was in the newly opened Zion. Here are the highlights.

[By the way, by 9 PM the restaurant didn't have any unoccupied tables, only some seats at the bar or at the kitchen window (not sure if those were for eating, though).]

Starters
The first picture is the green asparagus with smoked ricotta hazelnuts and quail eggs. IMG_3572.jpg
The second and third pictures show the duck confit with very creatively combination of the smoked foie gras, passion fruit and leaves of lettuce;IMG_3573.jpg third picture shows the inside of the confit.IMG_3574.jpg
Plats
Next two pictures show the divine rump of veal IMG_3575.jpg and the mahi-mahi with puffed rice, coconut milk and mint.
IMG_3576.jpg

They make their own bread IMG_3577.jpg
(to be continued)

Beverages
We had Artemis Mocktail in the pineapple shaped glass , IMG_3566.jpg as well as two of many French artisan (microbrewery) beers that they have, with very reasonable price of 6 Eros each.
IMG_3567.jpgIMG_3568.jpgIMG_3569.jpgIMG_3570.jpg
Next - Deserts...

Deserts
We ordered all 3 deserts on the menu:
Rhum baba with pineapple, gold rhum, tonka bean and coconut IMG_3586.jpg
Legato chocolate with hazelnut, matcha tea (!) and gingerIMG_3588.jpg
Tatin with mango, puff pastry ice cream and caramel.IMG_3587.jpg

And last but not least we all got a shot of rum, which as everything else in Zion has the complex flavor with the notes of ginger and lime.IMG_3589.jpg

They grow their own herbs:

IMG_3558.jpghe4bs2.jpg

Here's the proof that the owner of this establishment didn't leave even small details (or big depending on the view) without his attention. and it includes the bathroom, which is very artistically designed too, as you see from the pictures here.
IMG_3551.jpgIMG_3552.jpgIMG_3559.jpgIMG_3560.jpgIMG_3561.jpg

The menu pages are all now in my other post here: First glance (passing by) at the newly opened Zion

Now, as the closing credits go, all pictures are made by my wife using her iPhone.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3553.jpg
    IMG_3553.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_3554.jpg
    IMG_3554.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_3555.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_3556.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 649
Leon your coverage of this long awaited newest addition to the St Barths's dining scene is fantastic. Merci!

Safe travels.

Thank you Leon, maybe one of the best restaurant reports ever! You provided amazing reporting and phtotography. Count me in!

Thank you Leon, maybe one of the best restaurant reports ever! You provided amazing reporting and phtotography. Count me in!

Thank you guys!

Just note that at least for now the reservations for dinner is a must.

Excellent stop for joggers that have to use a restroom during their run. Remembering the squabble a couple years ago, with manager of Petite Colombe in Lorient, restroom usage by a jogger that did not purchase items.
:wink2:

Leon your coverage of this long awaited newest addition to the St Barths's dining scene is fantastic. Merci!

Safe travels.

Thank you Amy!

BTW., our return flight on SBC-AA via SXM was fine. Long lines but at least no wait in the waiting hall. I hope they will open the rest of the building in October as they plan to.

Excellent, thorough reporting and photography, Leon....thank you for sharing! I hope they do well.

I can only speak to lunch but I second the recommendation! Had a quick lunch there yesterday as our last meal on the island and we were very impressed.

Wonderful review and photos, Leon. Between your review of Zion and DWTX's review of Bagatelle, I now have more than 7 dinner restaurants for my one week trip.