Sunrise on our first day

bkeats

Senior Insider
image.jpg

Arrived late in the afternoon yesterday. Picked up essential supplies of rum, cigars and a roasted chicken for dinner. I have my priorities. Staying in a villa in Marigot overlooking Grand Cul de Sac. It felt so good to stand on the deck last night and breathe in the air. Work has been a bear the past few weeks but life now felt worth celebrating. For some reason this morning I was up with the roosters and sun when I would have preferred sleeping in. Sipping coffee, waking up and soaking in the morning sun. Lovely lady is still snoozing. Miss all the times we used to bring the kid down but now it's just the two of us and that's starting to feel pretty good too. Starting to feel my rhythm, pulse and breathing slowing down. It's good to be back.

A beautiful sunrise capture! You can slow down now and just relax. No deadlines to be met on St. Barth, that’s for darn sure. We, too, used to travel with our kids to the island at the end of June when school let out, but they’re all grown up now and doing their own thing. Enjoy the time the two of you have in paradise. I’m sure your kids will join you on St. Barth again...ours have. They love it as much as we do. Looking forward to your trip reports!

Gayle

A little post-dawn solitude on SBH is not a bad way to start your vacation. A winning move might be to put a glass of champagne on her bedside table. It always worked for me...

157804CF-CB70-4B06-B2AA-E4EB273DEDA2.jpg157804CF-CB70-4B06-B2AA-E4EB273DEDA2.jpg bkeats your pic is inspiring. I had to search for this one. Loved staying at Emaraude Plage. Enjoy your time in St. Barths. This year was one of our best vacations. The Island touches my soul

Welcome! Thoughts of work soon will be lost as you settle into celebrating life on SBH. Enjoy!

A little post-dawn solitude on SBH is not a bad way to start your vacation. A winning move might be to put a glass of champagne on her bedside table. It always worked for me...

You read my mind, Kev. I was thinking "Kevikins would have une coupe du champagne on the bedside when Lovely Lady awakes."

Your morning sounds just divine, bkeats. I do believe my pulse slowed down while reading your post and gazing into your photo.

You read my mind, Kev. I was thinking "Kevikins would have une coupe du champagne on the bedside when Lovely Lady awakes."

Kevin is obviously a much wiser man than me. I will remember to pick up a bottle of VC.

On the the other hand, after a day at the beach and my favorite burger at Le Piment, made some ti punch to toast the end of a very pleasant first day.

B01955E1-CBF0-48F0-AB8A-B06B11D362DE.jpg