st barth commuter customer service....WOW!!!!

chiz

SBH Member
we were researching flight info for our March 2020 trip and noticed that SBC could accommodate a timely departure to SBH from SXM but did not offer a "comfortable" return time to SXM (we are the types that do not like to "run" to catch a flight...we like a cushioned schedule). Realizing that we were early in the booking process we sent an email to SBC contact asking if by chance they would be adding additional flights as we got closer to Q1 2020....an immediate reply was received asking if we would like for them to add a departure flight at 10 am. Based on our airport/flight comfort factor that time frame was going to be perfect for us. Long story short...within 10 minutes of asking a question a new flight was added to their system to accommodate our schedule....WOW!
Just imagine making a similar request to AA, Jet Blue or Delta....the old statement that sometimes "bigger is not better" really was evident in this process..

It’s a great team . . . very customer-oriented! Great news. Now for the countdown to March!

'Tis why St Barth Commuter is my puddle-jumper of choice! What a treat to receive such stellar service, Chiz. Now...go pay it forward. :D:peace-sign1:

March 2020???? How do people plan so far in advance? I freeze up planning for dinner at lunch time. We are here now but I only planned the trip about six or seven weeks ago. Back to the point SBC is awesome.

For whatever reason we always book things far in advance...i gues it's part of our DNA....but, in the case of St Barts it gives us "hope for the future"!!!

March 2020???? How do people plan so far in advance? I freeze up planning for dinner at lunch time. We are here now but I only planned the trip about six or seven weeks ago. Back to the point SBC is awesome.

We always try and plan our return to St. Barth before we leave or immediately following our return. This year, unfortunately, we couldn’t due to some uncertainties we are facing. Always makes it easier leaving knowing your return is on the horizon. We are just anal that way.

Planning a trip to SBH so far in the future would kill me. The anticipation of the trip would create such anxiety since it was so far away that I wouldn't be able to cope. I prefer planning last minute so that the trip comes soon. Sometimes means that I can't find a place to stay or I have to pay up as its so last minute but that's just me. Different strokes.

They did the same for us for our upcoming October trip. I actually asked them about a charter and they asked me for my info into SXM. About 10 minutes after I gave them that info, they e-mailed me again and said, "You can now book the flight you need on a scheduled flight". Love that airline!

Man i wish I knew they were so accommodating. They were booked for my upcoming arrival flight, and I never asked. I booked Winair instead :(

WOW! That's great. We always try them first. When we had to cancel because of Irma, they were very accommodating. We always book our next trip while we are there!

I am hoping this happens to us. We have a long layover in SXM on the way down, so I wrote to SBC about the possibility of an earlier flight. Their customer service was very gracious, but I was informed our flight is now 30 minutes later for operational reasons. We are on a waitlist for four seats on an earlier flight. Fingers crossed something opens up.