Does anyone have a recommendation for the best ATM to get USD and Euro on the island?

RCJ4L

I am just looking for an ATM here on the island to get some USD to pay the taxi when traveling from the harbor to the airport in St. Maarten.
Any suggestions on low fees or are they all the same?

You will not find an ATM which dispenses USD on St Barth, only those which dispense Euros. As to fees, it's going to depend on your bank and the fees which they charge or pass through more than anything else. That being said, I prefer the BNP Paribas ATM in Gustavia. Being the only "inside" ATM which I've found, I've always thought of it as being marginally safer from skimmers than other ATMs. In the days of chip-and-PIN cards that may no longer be a concern, but I pre-date chip-and-PIN and old habits die hard.

I am just looking for an ATM here on the island to get some USD to pay the taxi when traveling from the harbor to the airport in St. Maarten.
Any suggestions on low fees or are they all the same?
There may be an ATM in the harbor that will give you US $. St Martin taxi will accept dollars or euros.

none on the island that I know of dispenses usd. your best bet is after you get a taxi in sxm, ask the taxi driver to stop at an atm along the way for usd.

they really don't mind taking euros, taxi drivers however will only do a one euro is one dollar exchange, its not an expensive taxi ride to get to the airport from phillipsburg, so its not a big deal anyway.

Don’t worry be happy! They all happily take Euros and some maybe will allow you to use a credit card. We have done the run in the opposite direction when a flight was canceled to SBH and it is a quick jaunt from Juliana to the harbor and vice versa.

Thank you so much for everyone's responses! I will just plan to use euro to pay in St. Maarten. No worries now! :)