Searching for 60!

Dennis

Senior Insider
I have a milestone birthday coming up in December.

We are looking at St Barths and also Mustique.

There are references to Mustique here but not much detail.

Looking at The Cotton House.

Any intel?

Thanks!

Big dilemma, Dennis! However, having celebrated 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, & 80th (oh! wait a minute . . . I'm getting ahead of myself!) birthdays on SBH, I think the right answer is to do both! Mustique would be wonderful, I'm sure . . . though, I suspect, a bit "vanilla" compared to SBH. Even if it's not on THE birthday, I recommend planning time on St. Barths in celebration of this very special birthday. Meanwhile, I suspect that many of us would look forward to a report on Mustique (after all, if it was good enough for Princess Margaret and is a home to Mick Jagger, it must be very nice).

Dennis
You didn’t ask about it but you might consider the Queens Garden Resort in Saba. They are located in a great place offering wonderful views, a highly reviewed spa and a french restaurant on site. There is a rainforest and the island apparently offers good skin diving. Friends went recently and loved it saying it reminds them of the St. Barthelemy of old.

Years ago on a Windstar cruise, we sailed on a 45' sailboat from Bequia over to Mustique for lunch @ Basil's followed by a taxi/truck tour of the island to see beach & Cotton House, then it was lovely, but hard to get to Mustique. Remote !

Big dilemma, Dennis! However, having celebrated 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, & 80th (oh! wait a minute . . . I'm getting ahead of myself!) birthdays on SBH, I think the right answer is to do both! Mustique would be wonderful, I'm sure . . . though, I suspect, a bit "vanilla" compared to SBH. Even if it's not on THE birthday, I recommend planning time on St. Barths in celebration of this very special birthday. Meanwhile, I suspect that many of us would look forward to a report on Mustique (after all, if it was good enough for Princess Margaret and is a home to Mick Jagger, it must be very nice).

Yes...decisions, decisions, right?

I spent my 50th on St Barths and although my wife says "anywhere you want to go", I think she wants to check out Mustique. Who am I to cause problems, right?

We're looking at both options, St Barths being the cheaper option which would make the old boat Cap't that used to live here happy.

We shall see.

Years ago on a Windstar cruise, we sailed on a 45' sailboat from Bequia over to Mustique for lunch @ Basil's followed by a taxi/truck tour of the island to see beach & Cotton House, then it was lovely, but hard to get to Mustique. Remote !

Getting to Mustique is AUS-MIA-Barbados then a Cessna Caravan.
Getting to St Barths is AUS-CLT-SXM then a Cessna Caravan.

Dennis
You didn’t ask about it but you might consider the Queens Garden Resort in Saba. They are located in a great place offering wonderful views, a highly reviewed spa and a french restaurant on site. There is a rainforest and the island apparently offers good skin diving. Friends went recently and loved it saying it reminds them of the St. Barthelemy of old.

Thanks, Hop. Saba is not on my list at this time.

I join the others in recommending Mustique.
It's the best place to have a one time visit off of St. Barts.

We went to Young Island years ago and found it very confining. Luckily we were able to get on a sailaway and visit some of the other islands in the Grenadines. Saved the vacation, however none of them compare to St. Barts. Mustigue was one of the stops and Basils was fun, but far from what St. Barts offers. Go to Lisbon and visit the towns along the coast, or Italy.

We went to Young Island years ago and found it very confining. Luckily we were able to get on a sailaway and visit some of the other islands in the Grenadines. Saved the vacation, however none of them compare to St. Barts. Mustigue was one of the stops and Basils was fun, but far from what St. Barts offers. Go to Lisbon and visit the towns along the coast, or Italy.

We decided to go to st Barths.

11-27 to 12-7

That's great. As soon as Denise recovers from her injuries I am bringing her back to St Barts. Hope our favorite villa has an opening for us.

Happy Birthday Dennis.
And since your life is only half over, you have plenty of time for Mustique.
Best,
Tim