Thread: Favorite Afordable Villas

SBH Member Joined: May 2011 Posts: 382

Favorite Afordable Villas

I have a list of 4 that I will name later if there is any interest in this topic.

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2011 NY, NY Posts: 136

Re: Favorite Afordable Villas

I am interested

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,276

Do share!

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,647

My list of Villas that come to mind are Villa Le Perchoir, Villa Manonjul and Manonjul Estate, Villa Acajous, Villa Suite Acajous, Villa Flamands Blue, Villa Case et Cuisine, Villa Alexi, Villa No Stress, et al, in no specific order

Quote Originally Posted by krand1 View Post
    I am interested
    I don't see any villas.

Dad; you have one on my list. My favorite out of my four villa list.

Sorry Hawke, I may have misunderstood your original post. I thought you yourself have four affordable villa's that you like and you would name them if there was any interest on this forum for the info. I expressed my interest for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by krand1 View Post
    Sorry Hawke, I may have misunderstood your original post. I thought you yourself have four affordable villa's that you like and you would name them if there was any interest on this forum for the info. I expressed my interest for the info.
    No need to be sorry. I thought there would be interest in the thread. My four are CEC in Marigot, Doarde at the end of Colombier, Bijoiu on the road down to Flamand, and Oceana high above Toiny.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 4,994

I think you’re onto a valuable topic, Hawke . . . but I think it needs some definitional parameters. Among people posting on the Forum, that is, I believe that there is a big swing in what might be deemed affordable.

As the owner of what I believe is a great value, as well as highly affordable villa (thank you for including it in your list!), my bias in thinking about the question probably tilts to prices that would be deemed “highly affordable.” Nonetheless, in the affordable category, I probably would say, based on other villas I know, the following:

Off-season — up to $3,000/wk for 1 bdrm/ba; $3,500/wk for 2 bdrms/baths.
    Season — up to $4,200/wk for 1 bdrm/ba; $5,000/wk for 2 berms/baths.

(NOTE to self — raise rental rates at CEC!)

Ha Ha. This is called shooting oneself in the foot. I'll bury myself deeper. Always enjoyed full moon at Gloriette. However my favorite S. Barts full moon was swimming in Marigot Bay on a crystal clear night during a full moon. You can't back charge for that.

Hawke, I am going to check those villas out although we are committed for this March. Our Villa situation has change this year. For the past fifteen years we have traveled to St. Barths with a dear friend (for those who know Danse de Etoiles in Pointe Milou, he was the architect) and we always split the cost of whatever villa we rented, which made it possible to rent Villas that we otherwise would not be able to afford on our own. Our friend passed away suddenly and unexpectedly this past September so we are now trying to look for smaller, more affordable villas, which is why my ears perked up at your post!