Santa Fe and Hideaway

dudleydog

SBH Insider
Haven’t been since Manu left, but is the food quality the same?

Did Haifa close the Hideaway or has it reopened?

thanks all!

Santa Fé's menu has changed, but the quality is still there. I went to lunch and dinner there multiple times in April.

Hideaway has closed and been sold. The new restaurant was scheduled to open mid-May, but ran into issues such as delayed equipment shipments. The last that I heard, it's now scheduled for a mid-June opening. I haven't seen the new menu, but I don't expect to see a reprise of the old Hideaway menu.

Don’t know your dates but note that June 14th is the last night of the season for Santa Fe. David says they will reopen September 5th.

We had dinner twice at Santa Fe within the last 3 weeks, David is a star in my book, never a Manu fan. My mahi both times exceptional with the accompanying 'virgin sauce' which I plan to make, hopefully as good as theirs. Both lovely nites, great service, love the new sign from Veronique's studio. Sad no more Hideaway after so many years of enjoying lunches & dinners there with Andy then Hafida.

Last edited:
Agree about Sante Fe...never were fans of the old ownership...rarely went.....with David at the helm now it is one of our top restaurants...few weeks back we had the mahi which was simply divine.....and the mashed potatoes were the best....

When we were on St Barts last year we had a great meal at Sante Fe. The next evening we were at LArdoise for pizza and draft beer. David showed up with a few people on his night off. He came over to our table and thanked us for dining at Sante Fe. A real gentleman.

Nice anecdote. David had a tough act to follow and is making Santa Fe another success story. I will miss our neighborhood go to restaurant when they close after the 14th

Agree, Amy . . . he did have a tough act to follow & has succeeded very well. (I think that even Manu approved when he visited last year.)

I remember Manu when he worked at Sapoltier. Always loved the food and service when he ran Santa Fe. I wish the new owners good luck and success.

Would anyone recommend Sante Fe for someone who doesn't like seafood? (No dietary restrictions, just no seafood)

Agree about Sante Fe...never were fans of the old ownership...rarely went.....with David at the helm now it is one of our top restaurants...few weeks back we had the mahi which was simply divine.....and the mashed potatoes were the best....
Looked for the Eagles hat at Select, didn't find you. Our devices didn't work, Kindle, phones, so disappointed to not be able to connect with any Forum members other than A & P ! Did you try the virgin sauce at SF ? On my agenda but missing 1 ingredient so will have something else with our grouper cheeks tonite in SC.

Don’t know your dates but note that June 14th is the last night of the season for Santa Fe. David says they will reopen September 5th.

Darn. I don't recall Sante Fe closing for the summer like this before. We get there right after they close. I am so sad now. When did they start closing for the summer? The summer before Irma, I recall going there at least two/three times during the two weeks we were on SBH.

Hideaway has not been the same since the tall guy left. Hopefully the new version will be open and I can check it out since I can't go to Sante Fe.

No Santa Fe. No La Gloriette. No Cote Port. I am so bummed right now.

Darn. I don't recall Sante Fe closing for the summer like this before. We get there right after they close. I am so sad now. When did they start closing for the summer? /QUOTE]

I’ve found, as a long time guest at Santa Fe, that the annual closing times have varied. Manu & David seem to have annually assessed island dynamics & staff fatigue, without regard to historic periods. It makes sense that they aren’t tied to tradition.

There’s also good news in the respect that Santa Fe will be open in September! As a major fan of the August / September time frame on SBH, I love September restaurant openings (L’Esprit being my top venue at this time).