Thread: Ti Chato - Toiny

SBH New Member Joined: May 2019 Posts: 2

Ti Chato - Toiny

Has anyone ever rented Ti Chato villa in the Toiny area? My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to SB in early November and are considering it as one of our options.

What is the Toiny area like? We love the privacy of the area but want to make sure we are not missing out on anything by not staying closer to town.
    I understand that it is a not right in the middle of the action (restaurants, etc.), but it doesn't seem like it is that far of a drive from other places on the island.

Any help would appreciated!! Thank you!

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 19,390

Re: Ti Chato - Toiny

On a roughly 8 square mile island, nothing is very far away. That being said, Toiny is about as far from everywhere as you can get. Gustavia is 15-20 minutes away, which isn't far, but can feel like it at night.

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2011 NY, NY Posts: 136

We have not stayed there but have reserved it for a week in early Spring 2020. In March, after lunch (which was delicious) at Toiny Beach club we drove by it to check it out. It is kind of close to the road which my WIMCO guy mentioned but honestly, if he hadn't mentioned it, I doubt I would have noticed. We very quickly checked out the back of the house (facing the ocean) and it looked private and pretty serene. Great view of the ocean and the lounge chairs looked updated compared to the photos. We have been to St Barths about 18/19 times (Honeymooned there as well in 1993, OK I am dating myself ) and have never stayed in Toiny, usually Pointe Milou, Mont Jean, Lurin, Colombier once. Toiny is out there but once you learn your way around, going into Gustavia (and Saline Beach) in the opposite direction of that main road (not in the direction of Lorient, St Jean) could be an advantage because of all the traffic and construction that is happening in that area due to infrastructure updating, etc...It is also a very scenic route. There are hotel restaurants close by the Toiny area as well...Le Sereno, Christopher, Le Barthelemy, and of course Toiny (dinner at main hotel and the Beach club for lunch). I hope this helps. And Happy Honeymooning!

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 4,994

Great assessment from krand1.

We live, when on the island, nearby at Marigot Bay & love the area. I hope that you also enjoy this end of SBH.

SBH Member Joined: May 2011 Posts: 382

Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    Great assessment from krand1.

We live, when on the island, nearby at Marigot Bay & love the area. I hope that you also enjoy this end of SBH.
    We have stayed in a villa that you know. We keep going back and always love it. The many couples we have traveled with have all loved it. Dennis, as always we thank you. Kent and Denise

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 7,630

We agree with Kevin. No place on the island is too far from anywhere else.

We are looking forward to staying in that part of the island next year. I will miss the Pointe Milou sunsets but I am looking forward to being in new area. Change of pace for sure. NINE days and nights this time! Trying to work our way up to 2 weeks.

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,647

When I was considering the subject Villa, my concern was for insufficient privacy at the pool area for Au Naturel sunbathing. Your mileage may vary

dadto6 We had the quickest of peaks but I think that would be possible...in any case that's not my speed but my husband has zero inhibitions in that department so it's not a concern! Enter at your own risk is his motto. From what I remember though, you can't see the pool area from the road or much from the driveway.

nyc girl
    pardon my manners, welcome to the Forum

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 4,994

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    We have stayed in a villa that you know. We keep going back and always love it. The many couples we have traveled with have all loved it. Dennis, as always we thank you. Kent and Denise
    Thanks, Kent . . . we always look forward to & welcome your return!

SBH New Member Joined: May 2019 Posts: 2

Thank you all! This is SO helpful!

We are also considering Ti Agave and Kawai. With so many beautiful homes, it’s hard to choose!

SBH Member Joined: May 2011 Posts: 382

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post
    Thank you all! This is SO helpful!

We are also considering Ti Agave and Kawai. With so many beautiful homes, it’s hard to choose!
    We stayed in Oceana, which is high above Toiny. Beautiful sunrise, nice sunny pool and many decks, some in the sun ,some shade. Private and a good value. There are two roads that get to Toiny so you definitly see the entire island.

Hello nycgirl,
    I would opt for Kawai. The views are amazing, can easily see St. Maarten and Anguilla at night, flickering lights are very nice. I would rent from Happy Villa Rental, they only charge 5% when all the other agencies charge 15%. Villa is easy to reach, very private and great layout.