Vacation Album

stbartslover

Senior Insider
We took 3 trips here last season: November, January (SO cold back home) and the end of March.
Do we get tired of this place? No way.
A few photos from the March one.

We were in early, our housekeepers just finished from the prior Guests.
Annais, on the left, like so many others on the island has more than one job.
annais 3.jpg
Evenings, she's a fashion show model at the Hotel Cheval Blanc down from our villa.
fashion show.jpg
Caroline and Heidi, a pair of fitness types and I all did a lot of beach walking this trip.
beach 5.jpg
Noticed the new AED machine, here at Saline Beach.
thumbnail8RX4LO86.jpg
Early one morning at Gouveneur we viewed the extensive work that has been done on dune restoration here and Saline.
Our thanks to Deborah Brosnan, along with all who were involved in this project.
beach.jpg
The results were apparent, as the vegetation seems to be coming back very well.
thumbnailL59LEO1J.jpg
We also walked Flamands and were impressed with the renovation of Cheval Blanc.
The dining room is stunning and Caroline and Heidi also enjoyed the spa with the Indian Head Massage treatment there.
thumbnailEDUDSE2K.jpg
It was Bucket Week (I think number 8 or 9 for us) with lots of parties on the quay and on the gorgeous yachts.
Note Heidi's shirt...she is in the wine business de rigueur for this trip.
thumbnailPDZ37FVR.jpg
We ran into Eddy on the pier who explained he had the bracelet to admit him to every one of the yacht parties.
thumbnailRNMDT4HZ.jpg
We spent a nice afternoon on Arnaud's Top Loc Cat watching the regatta up close...beautiful as always.
boat view.jpg
This huge motor yacht parked next to us at near the start of the regatta.
Looked like just a few were on board, and it took the crew a while to set up and launch the personal watercraft off the stern while we floated and sipped cold Rose.
tub.jpg
We especially liked the spa/lunch at one of our favorites, Hotel Manapany, a "must do" pampering every trip.
The spa manager, Valerie, does an excellent job there.
valerie (5).jpg
After her massage, Heidi relaxed in the private area with the plunge pool by near the ocean.
spa.jpg
The island was a little dryer than usual and our gardener insured that our plants were well taken care of.
deck 15.jpg
We dined at regulars such as Tamarin, Santa Fe (best mahi I had on the trip + love the view), Les Bananiers, Eddy's, and Maya's to Go on the villa terrace.
Last day we enjoyed a great lunch with friends at Shellona.
zzzz.jpg
A wonderful trip we hope to repeat.

Priceless. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I got the late great Zero Mostel and Jack Guilford and Phil Silvers. HELP! Who is the 4th guy?

Great report Jeff. Looking forward to our stay in February, our 21st in SBH, at your fabulous Flammands Blue Villa. Last year the place looked better than ever! (It always pays to have an experienced building manager as a landlord).