Yacht Overboard!

KevinS

Senior Insider
My Song is one of the yachts which sailed in the Bucket. She was lost at sea after falling overboard from a cargo ship in a storm. From Yachting World:

"The sailing community was shocked to hear of the loss of the Baltic 130 sailing yacht My Song, which fell from a cargo ship during a storm in the early hours of Sunday (May 26). It is understood that the Nauta-designed sloop, which is owned by Italian businessman Pierluigi Loro Piana, was en route to Genoa from the Caribbean, with the aim of defending her title at next week’s Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta."

The full story can be found at https://www.yachtingworld.com/news/my-song-loss-peters-may-statement-121221

IMG_3598.JPG
Bucket 2019

When an owner is using a yacht such as Seahawk for cruising pleasure (as opposed to racing pleasure), I wonder what size crew is employed.

Seahawk seen from the quay was to die...what a gorgeous boat.
When an owner is using a yacht such as Seahawk for cruising pleasure (as opposed to racing pleasure), I wonder what size crew is employed.

There will be 11 crew on board for your charter (starting at $283,949/wk)... 4 positions are "hospitality" types but commonly those individuals will also have some other crew role... Accommodations for 12 passengers...

Seahawk is a fan favorite...
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG

There will be 11 crew on board for your charter (starting at $283,949/wk)... 4 positions are "hospitality" types but commonly those individuals will also have some other crew role.”

. . . “
Unavailable to US clients within US waters.”

I suspect that the price ($40K+/day) does not include fuel & provisions. But then, why would one ask?

JP Morgan said something along the lines of IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, THEN YOU SHOULDN’T OWN ONE. Ithink he may have been on to something

The article stated that the crew had installed the cradle and it was the cradle that apparently gave way. The transporter may be in the clear. Nevertheless what a tragedy!