Beautiful departure this morning

shihadehs

Senior Insider
CB9063F9-4521-4360-84C4-8F82F12DBC8F.jpeg

Really great flight visuals on way out this morning. The Island is beautiful from any direction or vantage point. See you again SBH.

Yes Andy . . . some heavy rain is desperately needed. I agree -- in 40+ years, I've never seen it so brown.

Us also...never saw it so dry and brittle...but still beautiful..
there have been spotty showers in past several day...let’s hope this is becomes a pattern...

I have seen numerous fires over many years during dry periods. Most notable, perhaps, were fires that often inadvertently were started on nearby hills by remnants of fireworks that were set off in Gustavia during celebrations of "Fête Nationale" (also known as Bastille Day). (In recent years, the feux d'artifice seem to have become better managed to guard against errant fires.

. . . also in Marigot, where there continue to be some undeveloped hillsides (don't tell anyone . . . I'd hate to see more building there!).

With all the cigarette butts we see tossed along the side of the road on our morning hikes we wonder why there are no fires started from that....it is extremely dry there now....