1st day report

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
First of all thanks for all the information many of you have given on this forum. It truly is invaluable information for us as this is our 2nd trip to the island.

After a long redeye flight from the west coast through CLT and SXM we finally arrived at 4pm via Winair. The Winair experience at SXM was probably one we will pass on next time and try SBH Commuter or Tradewinds through SJU. But enough of that....we made it and found our rental reservation at Gumbs waiting for us along with the villa rep with ICI&LA. Both were outstanding!

We are renting a villa this time in the Pt Milou area perched high above the Hotel Christopher where we honeymooned two years ago. It's a perfect villa for the two of us with an indoor/outdoor living area that accommodates our needs perfectly. An amazing infinity pool as well!

After our villa walk through we headed to L'Oasis for villa provisions and a couple of pizzas and a Caesar salad from LeBouchon to bring back. A perfect evening overlooking the water with the lights of the islands and the tradewinds. We crashed early and up at 8AM for Baileys and coffee as we settled into a great morning and afternoon filled with the sounds of Radio St Barths, a bottle of champagne and several Presidentes. The day is warm with a perfect blend of high clouds and sunshine.

Heading to Bonito tonight for our first dinner out and Shellona tomorrow for brunch at noon! The Peloton bike will get a good workout next week!

I'm just finishing up a Padron 85th anniversary cohiba while fancy face gets ready for dinner. The island looks really good considering the storms and obvious lack of rain. As I'm writing the sounds of Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street fill the villa.....life is good and it is great to be back to our new favorite island!

So good that you are loving the second time around trip. Hope you and your FANCY FACE continue to enjoy the island. Liked this introductory post and looking forward to your next installment.

Sounds like a perfect start. We have two months before we come down for the first time in 11 years, so I am basically a newbie again. I look forward to hearing your updates. Your comment about Winair and SXM may lead me to bite the bullet on the way down and go the Tradewinds route for the first time. I can't make it work on the way home with out spending another night somewhere so i believe it will just be the way down, with SBC on the way home.