Newly renovated pond in all it’s splendor at sunset.

shihadehs

Senior Insider
4F004F69-CE80-485B-B99F-E51AA1AE2001.jpg

Hi Amy,
Lots of birds when I walked around couple weeks ago. We saw several different species.

Yes, Amy . . . I did an early evening walk about 10 days ago before going to the Barracudas’ rugby match (“we” won — 62 - 10), & there were a lot of birds in flight among the many shrubs bordering the pond. The pond’s small island also holds promise as a sanctuary of fragile species. The refurbished pond is, I think, a great gift of the Collectivié, M. Abramovich, & David & Jane Matthews.

There is a young man diligently out there every day with a small motor boat transporting huge pots of sandy dirt from a pile on the mainland and then dumping them in the pond to create small islands...he has also been planting some sort of water plants along the inside of the walk....have been watching him for past several days....there are some birds flying around now as I am typing this and a few people out for morning stroll....it is quite lovely
Aimee

If damage has been done, is there a fix or is the pond ruined?

i do not think the powers that be share his assessment of this being "un gâchis" and "véritable honte"... a mess and réal shame...

One answer that may be provided concerns the identity of the "young man diligently out there every day with a small motor boat transporting huge pots of sandy dirt from a pile on the mainland and then dumping them in the pond to create small islands" whom Aimee has seen - it appears that he is a volunteer from Island Nature Experience, a group that does a lot of good for the island... if so, he could probably help anyone interested get one of their T shirts, which in the past could be had for a small donation...

Cheryl and I loved staying above the pond. No smell and best of all no mosquitos. I certainly hope this project works out.