OK, officially excited. Planning first trip to SBH since 2008!!

RVBama

SBH Member
I know a lot has changed, but we cannot wait to return for our first time since fall 2008. Bringing the now 19 & 23 year old kids with us. Still working out the details, not sure if going thru SXM or possibly first time thru SJu with Tradewinds. At any rate, lots to plan and look forward to over the next two months!!

Were the “kids” with you on prior trips? You mention ”. . . lots to plan . . . over the next two months.” Meaning late July / early August? A great time on the island — several local, colorful Summer festivals . . . very relaxed, laidback time . . . interesting international mix of visitors . . . parking readily available. Everyone will have a great time, I’m sure.

ALMOST the best part of the trip: planning, researching, dreaming...That goes for any trip, but especially SBH.

Thank you all. Amy and Phil, we have actually met on one of our trips in late 2000's. cec1, no the "kids" were not with us. This will be their first time on the island. They are in Grad School and College now, so finding time to do something all together, much less afford it with tuition, is difficult these days. We were their in 2005, 2006, and last in 2008. Been working on the plans for awhile now, but things have finally fallen into place. We can't wait!!

Your children are going to love the Island. My older children adore St. Barts. Very exciting times for your family is in store. Best wishes for a great memory maker!