VC Shoot, 2019

Closer to home.

VC-2019_5.jpg

You are such a good sport to schlep empty VC bottles to the beach for us as your daily SHOW ‘N TELL,

Cheaper here, I bet.

Surprisingly, that may only true for those of us who buy a case of Veuve Clicquot directly from Segeco.

Current Segeco price for a six-bottle case of VC Brut is €225. That converts to $42.02/bottle at today’s exchange rate. I estimate that a single bottle at Marché U will be 25-33% more, or $52.53 - $55.89/bottle.

My local Total Wine’s price is $45.97/bottle.

The NH State Liquor and Wine Outlet’s normal price is $47.99, but VC is on sale through Monday 5/27 at $41.99/bottle.

Noticed today that the Marche had the arrow for about 65 euros.

Schlepping not a problem as I keep the bag in the Jimny and the signs are close to the parking lot. Did walk the bottles to end of Flamands today. Not too bad, but wished I had done this one first.

Funny. While setting them on the wall, one of the guys that hang out in the "office" nearby thought I was littering. Then couldn't figure why I wanted a picture of empty champagne bottles.

Noticed today that the Marche had the arrow for about 65 euros.

Case price for Arrows at Segeco is €275, or €45.83/bottle ($51.36). Marché U’s price (€65/$72.84) is about a 41% markup. Marché U’s price is probably a bargain if you just want one Arrow as a souvenir, plus you get to enjoy the Champagne.