Maya's Question

here's the summer fixed price announcement

Don’t miss our special summer menu. Appetizer, main & dessert of your choice for 65€

MAYA.jpg

Just came from dinner there...had such a wonderful meal as always...

We discovered that Randy's grandfather was minister at Episcopal Church in Radnor Twp & Randy lived in I think he said Bryn Mawr when child as did I but high school. Do you know Garrett Brown who used to live in Birchrunville, maybe Chester Springs ? The steadi cam inventor also a Haverford HS grad as are Doug & I.

We discovered that Randy's grandfather was minister at Episcopal Church in Radnor Twp & Randy lived in I think he said Bryn Mawr when child as did I but high school. Do you know Garrett Brown who used to live in Birchrunville, maybe Chester Springs ? The steadi cam inventor also a Haverford HS grad as are Doug & I.

I knew Garrett Brown when he lived downtown on Lombard Street in the 70s - 80s... was Birchrunville before or after that I wonder...

Going tomorrow night, for their summer prix fixe! Thanks for all the responses everyone

Enjoy! Dora will be your eccentric & devotedly attentive hostess, and food & ambience will reflect the refinement & understated elegance of the tasteful personal styles of Maya & Randy.

You will not be disappointed, bparsh. Dennis described the Maya’s scene to a T. Please let us know about your evening...enjoy!!

Gayle

Happy to report that Maya's €65 menu is fabulous. We ate there last night and enjoyed every dish. The menu changes every day. We had very interesting salad with goat cheese, gaspacchio soup and crevette soup as appetizers. For main dish I had duck, my companions had two different variations of mahi-mahi. The deserts were awesome too. Drinks are extra. Very enjoyable night.

Never heard of Garrett Brown but we do dine at the Village Cafe in Birchrunville...!!!!!
Did you go there when Gar Reed was the owner ? or the previous owner, wife chef, husband front of house, architect. That's when we startred going there when the couple owned the cafe, one choice for dinner ! Love byo's, none here in SC or our part of it, Bluffton/Hilton Head. Garrett Brown invented the steadi cam among other things, years ago he did radio commercials too with Anne Winn, both lived in that area.

I knew Garrett Brown when he lived downtown on Lombard Street in the 70s - 80s... was Birchrunville before or after that I wonder...
It IS a small world ! I lived on Lombard in '69, went to Bijou Cafe at the corner of Broad & Lombard...saw Bette with Barry as her piano man when she was still at the Baths in NYC. Garrett Brown graduated from Haverford HS in '60, my husband was '59 & I was '61. Gar ='s, George Arthur Reed owned Birchrunville, guessing here...mid 80's or late 80's when owned, early 90's....Dr Barnes his godfather. Joanna the needlepoint expert & gardener Gar's mom. Garrett Brown didn't own the cafe, it was Gar who did...2 different people. Gar quite the character.

It IS a small world ! I lived on Lombard in '69, went to Bijou Cafe at the corner of Broad & Lombard...saw Bette with Barry as her piano man when she was still at the Baths in NYC. Garrett Brown graduated from Haverford HS in '60, my husband was '59 & I was '61. Gar ='s, George Arthur Reed owned Birchrunville, guessing here...mid 80's or late 80's when owned, early 90's....Dr Barnes his godfather. Joanna the needlepoint expert & gardener Gar's mom. Garrett Brown didn't own the cafe, it was Gar who did...2 different people. Gar quite the character.

It is a small world, I graduated from Marple Newton in 67 and in the early 70s produced cabaret theatre at Grendel's Lair at 5th and South, just about the same time the Bijou Cafe opened...we also know some people who lived in Bichrunville...did you live there?

It is a small world, I graduated from Marple Newton in 67 and in the early 70s produced cabaret theatre at Grendel's Lair at 5th and South, just about the same time the Bijou Cafe opened...we also know some people who lived in Bichrunville...did you live there?
We lived in Wayne, near the Wayne elem. school & St David's Church area.